• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Fast Food Appreciation Thread

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 on McNuggets, my #1 drunk food. Hot mustard with McChicken Sauce.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
McDonald's Sausage Egg and Cheese McGriddle is, in my opinion, the best breakfast sandwich. sooooo good.

Zaxby's is pretty good, but so damn filling.

Chipotle is ok, but I've been spoiled with too much legit Mexican food to appreciate it.

Wendy's Spicy Chick Sandwich is hard to beat.

Wasn't too impressed with 5 guys, although I'm not the biggest burger fan.

Popeye's is def the best fast food chicken.

We have a Culver's close by that I've been meaning to try out. Any suggestions?

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pilot

Good shakes and cheese curds. The burgers are okay, don't really know much about the rest of their food. Seems like a slightly "higher end" fast food place.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pilot

Originally Posted by Nil
Good shakes and cheese curds. The burgers are okay, don't really know much about the rest of their food. Seems like a slightly "higher end" fast food place.

I know the Catholics love that place because of their dedication to producing a good whitefish sandwich every Friday during lent.

Originally Posted by Rambo
Subway/Jimmy Johns/Quiznos/Schlotzsky's is an abortion of epic proportions.

Anybody here tried Potbelly's. I always tell people it's what Quiznos would be like, if it were any good. Whenever I have to fly through Chicago I make a point of flying through Midway just so I have an excuse to stop by the Potbelly's in the terminal.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Dream fast food day :

Breakfast 1 - Waffle House All star breakfast, eggs sunny side up, side of bacon, waffle done light
Breakfast 2 - McDonalds Sausage McGriddle, no eggs (I hate fake eggs)
Breakfast 3 - Bojangles sausage egg & cheese on a biscuit

Lunch 1 - Taco Bell 3 hard taco supremes, 2 mexi melts, 1 volcano taco, cinnamon twists
Lunch 2 - Sonic burger with the works, with a Cherry Limeade, drive over to Burger King for the fries

Dinner 1 - White Castle sack of 10 sliders with jalapeno cheese, 1 bag chicken rings
Dinner 2 - Papa Johns thin crust meat lovers pie OR Pizza hut all you can eat buffet (tie)
Dinner 3 - Popeyes popcorn chicken and wings

Dessert 1 - 2 hot, soft, oozing with goodness fresh baked Cinnabons with a giant ******* cold glass of whole mik
Dessert 2 - Popeyes apple pie

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
McDonald's eggs are about the only real food product in there, man.
redface.gif
They're just cooked in ring molds so they're less likely end up on your crotch when you hit a bump in your hybrid Escalade/Tahoe/Excursion.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
McDonald's eggs are about the only real food product in there, man.
redface.gif
They're just cooked in ring molds so they're less likely end up on your crotch when you hit a bump in your hybrid Escalade/Tahoe/Excursion.

True, but the folded egg that is on the McGriddle (McGirdle) is from a milk carton like container and cooked in a mold.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you see one open for breakfast...stop at Popeyes. Their chicken and egg biscuits are the ****. I think, however, it is only at airports where they are open for Breakfast.

Potbelly's is decent.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
have never had Five Guys but would probably find it overrated as well.
It is. See below. I used to eat fast food EVERYDAY in college. We had a McDonalds across from campus and a Wendy's a short drive away. I'd eat two meals, one at dinner time, and another at like 2AM (I woke up around noon for 12:50 classes, and went through to about 6). I'd always order a Big Mac (2 if they were doing the 2fer a dollar deals), two cheeseburgers, supersize fries and coke, and a McFlurry (sometimes I'd add a chicken sandwich or if it was lent a Filet o Fish). If Wendy's had their Bacon Cheddar Classic I'd hit them for 2 of those and a few 99cent nuggets with a frosty. I'd eat that, and be stuffed until like 1AM, when all that was open was ****** Chinese. I'd get boneless BBQ spare ribs, dumplings and egg rolls by 2 AM, hit the sack between 3 and 4. I always wondered why I was a fat bastard in college, and why I had the ***** so often...never touch the **** now. The last fast food I had was 5 Guys the day my son was born (across from the hospital and hadn't eaten in 24 hours) and I had to see what all the fuss was about. It's basically a glorified Wendy's, with a few more condiment options. Nothing worth writing about. However, some of my best memories revolve around McDonalds. My grandfather (he passed when i was 8) would always pick me up at noon from Nursery School-was a half day program) and would occasionally take me to the SI Mall to have McDonalds with him. He'd get me a quarter pounder with cheese, cut it in half and be so proud of me when I finished it (can't remember if he ate the other half, or if I did). But it was our time, and I still remember it fondly.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i like 5 guys.

thought it was great although greasy.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to five guys with my parents. We decided to split some fries. Since we were noobs, we ordered a large fry and a regular cajun fries. When got a massive brown sack filled with fries we realized we had made a mistake. Insane how much they give you

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics