• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Oasis
I'd skip completely in that case, nothing worse than looking down at an okay version of what you actually want.
ffffuuuu.gif

That is true as well but it depends if you can live with the difference.
I mean sure I'd want an oiled calf stooges but if a lamb version comes along at a good price, I'd have no regret getting it at all.

Oasis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
That is true as well but it depends if you can live with the difference.
I mean sure I'd want an oiled calf stooges but if a lamb version comes along at a good price, I'd have no regret getting it at all.

Yeah, personal preferance but I know what I'd do. I want a pair of the black distressed in 41.
frown.gif

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, personal preferance but I know what I'd do. I want a pair of the black distressed in 41.
frown.gif

I think thats SQs size, go hunt him down for em. You have a better chance of getting them that way than waiting for a used pair to go on sale.
lol8[1].gif

Oasis

Reaction score
I think thats SQs size, go hunt him down for em. You have a better chance of getting them that way than waiting for a used pair to go on sale.
lol8[1].gif

Don't even know who he is.
laugh.gif

I saw a pair on B+S in that size listed as IC, PM'd seller for ballpark range. Answer - I was really hoping for around $1000.
ffffuuuu.gif

Kopping power is pretty low since I picked up my Velcro hi's anyways.

Is there a difference between the mens and womens His?

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SQ said there are very minor differences, but my girlfriend has the tech hi greens and they just look like smaller versions of my blacks. Admittedly I didn't look very closely

Oasis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by g transistor
SQ said there are very minor differences, but my girlfriend has the tech hi greens and they just look like smaller versions of my blacks. Admittedly I didn't look very closely

Look closer and let me know
laugh.gif

If they're the same I can get the taupe or black ones in a 41, not for cheap though but it's nice to know I can source them.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The main difference is the material so look and feel-wise are pretty different. The tech/cf material is pretty obvious and makes the shoe look "clean" while the distressed has a bit more edginess, almost like a DBSS like quality. Here's SQ's pair:
IMG_3449.JPG

Pretty big difference already from the regular smooth leather/patent version:
martin-margiela-fw09-high-top-sneaker-1-540x388.jpg

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was talking about the differences in women's and men's, not techs vs distressed

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was talking about the differences in women's and men's, not techs vs distressed

lol8[1].gif

never mind then.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
See, those look like these:

http://www.brownsfashion.com/product/038B52550002.htm

They're look different because of the material. Look at the close up view, the material is textured leather not distressed. The windows on the mid-part of the shoes are also mesh/netted material, SQ's is pure leather. These are details that are much more noticeable in person.

Oasis

Reaction score
They're look different because of the material. Look at the close up view, the material is textured leather not distressed. The windows on the mid-part of the shoes are also mesh/netted material, SQ's is pure leather. These are details that are much more noticeable in person.

Thanks for the reply man, small picture and my defective eyes don't help.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
See, those look like these:

http://www.brownsfashion.com/product/038B52550002.htm

Those aren't the distressed though. There's that version, the smooth leather + patent that RFX posted, then there's also the tech version which is basically the one RFX posted but the patent parts of shoe has hatching (like the ones you posted).

I don't think you can get distressed anywhere anymore. There are small differences/colors in the available high tops every year.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here's a giant pic of the pair you posted, you can see the details easily and how the the textured leather looks like canvas.
038B52550002_1.jpg

Those aren't the distressed though. There's that version, the smooth leather + patent that RFX posted, then there's also the tech version which is basically the one RFX posted but the patent parts of shoe has hatching (like the ones you posted).
I know I have a pic of the tech hi's somewhere, I just can't find it right now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics