• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

40mm

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Convince me that a 40mm Stowa Marine is not too large for my small-ass wrists. I'm buzzed, have lots of OT, and ready to click BUY. I don't want to look like I'm trying to be a baller with an oversized watch like most people my age.

GO
boxing[1].gif

Doc4

Reaction score
It appears that you suspect you already know the answer, what with your 'small-ass wrist' remark.

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doc4
It appears that you suspect you already know the answer, what with your 'small-ass wrist' remark.

Depends. I've never had a chance to actually try on a ~40mm watch. I love the Stowa, so I'm hoping people out there will tell me 40mm really isn't that large at all and that it will be very wearable.

Doc4

Reaction score
Fair enough. What's the measurement on your wrist? Maybe a photo of you wearing the biggest watch (or closest in size/profile/look to the Stowa you like) for comparison?

D Yizz

Reaction score
Change the amount of watches to 2, click buy and sent the spare one to me for giving you such wonderful advice.

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doc4
Fair enough. What's the measurement on your wrist? Maybe a photo of you wearing the biggest watch (or closest in size/profile/look to the Stowa you like) for comparison?

Good idea.. Pictured here wearing a Seiko 5 (~37mm?)

photoze.jpg

I dont mind a watch looking a bit larger than normal, I just don't want people to be like
eek.gif
when they see it on my wrist

GBear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly, try it on first. But I don't think you will have a problem with the 40mm. The thing about the Stowa is that it's got a larger face and small bezel, make it work at 40mm. Now if the Stowa had a big ass bezel, that would be a different story.

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GBear
Honestly, try it on first. But I don't think you will have a problem with the 40mm. The thing about the Stowa is that it's got a larger face and small bezel, make it work at 40mm. Now if the Stowa had a big ass bezel, that would be a different story.

True. downfall of Stowa is that its damn near impossible to try on. Must purchase online and wait ~1.5-2 months. I'm leaning towards that it will work.. 40mm isnt THAT big. Anything over that I think I'd have problems

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
buy it. 40mm isnt that large of a watch. My GMT IIc is 40mm, and i have small wrists.....and mine is pretty thick as well, the stowa will fit perfect. id go for it.

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it will be fine on you. My first mechanical watch purchase was a Stowa Flieger (also 40mm), and I found the size to work on my small wrist (6.75") from day one.

If you're really concerned, just go to a watch store and try on another 40mm watch with similar bezel/dial proportions.

GBear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should be fine IMHO. I have a similar Seiko on right now and from the looks of it, you wrist girth looks to be very close to mine. I have a 41mm B&M that works great; that is the very highest limit I will go though.

Mudhiker

Reaction score
I have small wimpy wrists. I wear big obnoxious watches and I think they look fine. I also wear smaller watches and they work too. More important is that the strap or band matches suits it and that the styling and coloring goes well with the clothes you are wearing. Which is why it is good to have many watches.
blush.gif

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Draw a circle 4cm in diameter. Cut it out. Hold it against your wrist.

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bleachboy

Good idea. Dont know why I didn't think of this. Thanks

Christopher Essex

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bleachboy

That, sir, is why you're retired and the rest of us still need to work for a living.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads