• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

REguy

Reaction score
^ Please post pics after wearing. These are great, but I really want to see how the kidskin creases before pulling the trigger.

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChrisGold
Great looking shoes, thanks for the input.

Have you made your decision?

I bought a pair of Cigar NSTs this morning after seeing how well they age in this thread.

joz411no

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Burra
Having some concerns about my 405 purchase.

I bought them in November from a store (tempted to say who but not sure if I should at this stage, not a regular name on this thread, don't worry) and was told it would be a 12 week wait, as I wanted a 9 EE, and they had to be ordered.

I kept emailing regularly, and was told at the end of December they were being cut, and then mid January that the shoes were on target for delivery in 6 weeks (next week).

Now I have asked again, and there is a 6-8 week delay. First I was told by the shop that it was due to a leather shortage. I questioned that based on the previous emails, and they came back and said that they asked Alden again, and it was due to the Lasting process taking longer or something.

Apparently it is due to demand etc.

I am pretty pissed off at this stage, as I have never waited so bloody long for a pair of shoes.

Has anyone heard anything, or is this not unusual or what? I am a little concerned, but don't know whether to make a fuss or not. I can't wait for them to turn up, but can't wait another 6-8 weeks either.

From my experience (all my special orders of 10.5EEE take 6-9 months) if your size is not readily available, either by vendor or your vendor ordering them from Alden. 12 weeks is nothing compared to if they have to place a special order. Keep in mind that unless the place you purchased them is expecting a shipment (ironically containing your off-stock size) you'll be waiting for them, to place a special order for your size on their NEXT order. This is why places like Leather Soul, Leffot and Sherman Brothers give you the opportunity to pre-order non-stock sizes. Sorry to say you my be left with having to have said vendor, or another, place a special order for them. But 9EE 405's should be stock items for Shoe Mart.

A.L.Z.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thebunk
So I lost my Alden virginity last weekend by buying a pair of Indy 403s and have just placed an order with Epaulet for their last pair of black Brixton Wingtip Boots. So yeah, addiction has a hold of me . . .

My 403s arrived on Wednesday night....wore them to work on Thursday. I have a sit down job, so they fit and looked good...but today I plan to roam downtown for several hours to put them to the test...

How do you like yours?

ChrisGold

Reaction score
Originally Posted by interlockingny
Have you made your decision?

I bought a pair of Cigar NSTs this morning after seeing how well they age in this thread.

Yes, bought the cigar longwings this morning. I'll post some pictures tomorrow when the longwings arrive.

(I'm also waiting on Cigar NSTs - looking forward to seeing how those turn out)

ennui

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChrisGold
Yes, bought the cigar longwings this morning. I'll post some pictures tomorrow when the longwings arrive.

(I'm also waiting on Cigar NSTs - looking forward to seeing how those turn out)

Welcome to the cigar LWB club. I like mine so much I went ahead and bought a pair of #8 LWBs. I still need to get them Topyed.

ChrisGold

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ennui
Welcome to the cigar LWB club. I like mine so much I went ahead and bought a pair of #8 LWBs. I still need to get them Topyed.

Thanks, my third pair, I guess I will eventually add #8.

enigma77

Reaction score
Do cordovan LWBs ever come on the Leydon last? Epaulet does their suede and chromexcel LWBs on the leydon, and they look fantastic. Would love a pair of #8 LWBs on the Leydon or another, sleeker last -- anyone know of any place that would carry that?

cuteo101

Reaction score
I share the same sickness. Here's my meager selection.
cheers.gif

DSCN0528.jpg

ChrisGold

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cuteo101
I share the same sickness. Here's my meager selection.
cheers.gif

DSCN0528.jpg

Looks great, you should let the whiskey LWBs out of the closet from time to time.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Whiskey versus Ravello in natural light.
Whiskey Indy and LWB. Ravello chukkas, nst boot, wingtip boots.
ravello1.jpg

whiskey1.jpg

ravwhisk1.jpg

ravwhisk2.jpg

ChrisGold

Reaction score
Zippy, great pictures, thanks for sharing. They really show the colors well.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
btw Zippy I noticed some of your pictures on an ebay listing today. he was using your shoes as an example of shell or something. also used some other pictures from this thread from another user. I have seen mine posted on blogs as well, but they at least quoted my username here. didn't bother me since they cited me, and it wasn't so blatantly being used to make them money

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by makewayhomer
btw Zippy I noticed some of your pictures on an ebay listing today. he was using your shoes as an example of shell or something. also used some other pictures from this thread from another user.

I have seen mine posted on blogs as well, but they at least quoted my username here. didn't bother me since they cited me, and it wasn't so blatantly being used to make them money

Hmmm, I don't know whether to be amused or irritated. A little of both I guess.
Thanks for pointing it out. Funny thing is that one of the pairs is calf too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics