• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by noobizor
Test shirt! But please elaborate. With my pale, pale, non-summery skin, I tend to look better in those hated RLP shirts.
uhoh.gif

Really looking for input on the jeans, if possible. As an adult, I'm required to tuck in my shirt occasionally. Trying to find a skinny jean that will work with that.

Stripes/colors on shirt, and rumpled gigantic bagginess, and halfass sleeve roll, are all awful. Shirt tucked into jeans with no belt is straight Jerry Seinfeld. If, as an adult, you need to tuck in your shirt sometimes, you're probably in a context in which you could be wearing trousers. Do that.

Also, why do you want to own skinny jeans? Doesn't seem to work well with your physique or other clothes. Wide trousers are coming back anyway.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
Also, why do you want to own skinny jeans? Doesn't seem to work well with your physique or other clothes. Wide trousers are coming back anyway.
Thanks. Tell me more about this! (If you please...) My physique is undergoing radical changes. (I really should of specified I was just trying out the jeans -- hence the no belt, big old shirt...I've pretty much worn khakis all my life. Occasionally, I'd like to visit a restaurant in jeans, and everything I try is way too baggy.)

saelan

Reaction score
Those jeans really aren't that skinny, though they do seem to taper quite a bit, which might not be what you need for your physique or in terms of the rest of your wardrobe. And I don't think there's anything wrong with tucking a shirt into jeans in principle, but don't tuck a baggy shirt into jeans that are slim. And try to do it more neatly. And wear a belt. It would also be a lot easier to comment if the pictures were clearer. :/

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
Wide trousers are coming back anyway.

I am in no hurry to back that trend. They still look mid 90's to me.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
I am in no hurry to back that trend. They still look mid 90's to me.

I was flossing straight Old Navy/Thrifted/Baby Gap/LL Bean in the mid 90s, so I'm fine with a more relaxed silhouette. I really don't like the way baggy denim hangs though, I want to continue wearing black skinny jeans for as long as I can get away with it.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Thank god for FL fit to cleanse this page.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
i liked nn's fit too. dunno if thats on this page for you

ya he is, solid nn fit as usual though black and grey doesn't interest me much

raags

Reaction score
PnKhy.jpg
Uniqlo Uniqlo Franco Cimadamore Accessories from random markets overseas

dls6128

Reaction score
^^+1, but I think sleeker footwear would do you favors in not seeming so small in your upper body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads