• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbernie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pastor
My vote goes to the Cigar LWB

hpim1792.jpg

By ststegall at 2011-02-17[/IMG]

Amazing shoes. (White socks? Doesn't do the LWs justice.)

harrythedog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mediahound
Thanks for the input, makes sense. I don't have any Cordovan shoes so maybe I should spring for them. The cap toe #8 boots look pretty good to me too. Decisions decisions...

i;m on a #8 bender at the moment... so #8 gets my vote. if you can do it, you will be happier in the long run. been wearing my #8 indy's everyday for the past week and they are already looking great! that said you can;t go wrong with either shoe!

Pastor

Reaction score
Thanks for the input, makes sense. I don't have any Cordovan shoes so maybe I should spring for them. The cap toe #8 boots look pretty good to me too. Decisions decisions...

I was in the same boat a few weeks ago. I wanted a pair of Cordovan shoes ad couldn't decide what. I ended up buying the Cigar LWB (pictured above) and a pair of Ravello WingTip Boots. THese are my only Aldens and my only cordovan shoes among at least 10 pair of Allen Edmonds. After having the Aldens for a week I can say that they are the BEST shoes I own. The Cordovan leather is awesome.

Pastor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nbernie
Amazing shoes. (White socks? Doesn't do the LWs justice.)

They are really tan (khaki) . You can't see them too well with the lighting in my room.

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pastor
They are really tan (khaki) . You can't see them too well with the lighting in my room.

Pastor-

Where did you get the Cigar LWBs from? They are great.

Pastor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by interlockingny
Pastor-

Where did you get the Cigar LWBs from? They are great.

I got them from the shoe mart. I wasn't sure of my size since they were my first Aldens so I got two sizes of the same shoe. I just sent the ones that didn't fit back today.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jackdaw
Took delivery of a pr. of dark brown suede NST Aldens last week. The edge of the sole was dressed with really cheesy looking blobby, unevevnly, incompletely applied black paint. I figured the layers of leather in the sole and heel were probably quite handsome so I sanded off the paint and dressed the sole edges with the Fieblings semi-transparent brown edge dressing. An hour of work dressed the shoes up from Wal-Mart to something approaching the $425 Alden wants for them. I figure Alden owes me a $250 stylist's fee. I am also willing to consult on quality control. Alden, call me!!! You need help.

Photos of this would be greatly appreciated!

thebunk

Reaction score
So I lost my Alden virginity last weekend by buying a pair of Indy 403s and have just placed an order with Epaulet for their last pair of black Brixton Wingtip Boots. So yeah, addiction has a hold of me . . .

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Shoe Mart kinda pisses me off. I emailed them a question and got no reply. So, they won't get my business...

That's good - better selection for the rest.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Very nice Alan, the epitome of the the sensible, well made, and functional American shoe. I could wear those to church, or with a pair of jeans to run Saturday errands.

iansir

Reaction score
My first order from leather soul - very happy with these! I will be wearing these on my wedding day
smile.gif
. The kidskin leather is interesting...curious to see how it wears

8e7d3705.jpg

a93001e5.jpg

23cbacf5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads