• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bfc27802.jpg

02918dca.jpg

belt detail

8bba0409.jpg

El Gordo

Reaction score
Uncontrol, I like your fits but you should cut your bangs; they look kinda aggravatingly emo right now. Cut 'em short for that David Bowie swag

DavidBowie2.jpg

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
slack, looks good. i dont know if i like the t shirt tucked in here, probably better off with a button down instead. nudies are great too!

gastarbeider

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robinsongreen68
why do people react against the idea that art should involve difficult ideas and what are (laughably) seen as 'obscure' references? does anyone say this about, say, theoretical physics?
most good art, certainly most good literature, involves difficulty. backing away from that and bleating that it's elitist is just ridiculous.
yes there are a lot of idiots in the art world who will throw around references to thinkers to invoke a certain reverence and add an aura to their work which is just irritating.
there are a lot of tossers in the art world for sure (and i run a gallery, believe me i know), but so there are in every field. and beneath that 'layer' there are a huge number of genuine artists who are trying to make work and engage with really complex areas of form, thought, experience. wrong place for this discussion so ill shut up.

if truth be told, it's the gallerists that are the true tossers.

just sayin'

cowsareforeating

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
181573_10150094850862886_500232885_6459916_3884869_n.jpg

this is unfortunately the best pic i have of what i was wearing yesterday

i can dig this; ESP the collar. wish you had the whole pic of your outfit. maybe rewear the same outfit :O and take a pic? lol

gastarbeider

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol

this is unfortunately the best pic i have of what i was wearing yesterday

not criticizing, really i'm not, but the hair needs a major rethink.

that look was passÃ
00a9.png
in tokyo in 2005, in seoul in 2006, and in bangkok in 2007.

just sayin'

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gastarbeider
ignorance is bliss.

you guys talking about understanding modern art (you really mean abstract art though, right?), need to do yourselves a favor and read 'the painted veil' by Tom Wolfe.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xM.
looks surprisingly restrained. i'd probably not have the collar out but obviously that's sort of your style. i dig.

You probably wouldn't say this was restrained if you could see that the suit is snake-print and the shirt has leopard jacquard.

Originally Posted by halisray
What's the restaurant, Uncontrol?

Rue 57 in NYC. Was very good.

Originally Posted by El Gordo
Uncontrol, I like your fits but you should cut your bangs; they look kinda aggravatingly emo right now. Cut 'em short for that David Bowie swag

DavidBowie2.jpg

I hate short bangs. I have a widow's peak so it's a no go.

Originally Posted by cowsareforeating
i can dig this; ESP the collar. wish you had the whole pic of your outfit. maybe rewear the same outfit :O and take a pic? lol

Haha maybe. Some street snappers took my pic yesterday so we'll see if it surfaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads