• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Bro they just beat the celtics and the knicks they don't give a **** about bobcats or cavs.

Well, there's a real problem with that logic, besides the suck-ass play behind games like these (and starters playing well into the 4th).

I don't care who they beat or not, but with these losses they are losing ground on both Boston and Miami for home-court in the Finals (I don't believe SA will be there) and that does worry me.

I mean, Ramon Sessions???

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
It's barely halfway through the season lol. They almost lost to okc in the first round and went on to win.

*smokes stog*

also lol @ spurs comment

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
holy shitsnacks: longest alley-oop EVER
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. i love jet's unassailable spirit. but anybody who's really watchin this season knows the lakers aren't nearly as strong as they were last year. and if phil's pissed, and kobe's pissed, and the team is embarrassed (this loss is embarrassing), there's reason to worry about championship possibilities. obviously in the grand scheme of things, who the **** cares? they won 2 years in a row.

sexandcandy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by venessian

He's played for ****** teams in his career and no coach seems to want him as a starter, but I've watched him and the dude can flat out ball when he's given the minutes. He knows how to play the game.

This comment would be appropriate if it was Earl Boykins lighting up the Lakers again.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brothersport
holy shitsnacks: longest alley-oop EVER
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

i love jet's unassailable spirit. but anybody who's really watchin this season knows the lakers aren't nearly as strong as they were last year. and if phil's pissed, and kobe's pissed, and the team is embarrassed (this loss is embarrassing), there's reason to worry about championship possibilities.

obviously in the grand scheme of things, who the **** cares? they won 2 years in a row.

coming from admitted #1 laker hater with occasional disingenuous props come on

that alley oop was weak as **** too

ps. I love how you pop in at opportune times
lol8[1].gif

pps. you don't know **** about the lake show homie

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sexandcandy
He's played for ****** teams in his career and no coach seems to want him as a starter, but I've watched him and the dude can flat out ball when he's given the minutes. He knows how to play the game.

This comment would be appropriate if it was Earl Boykins lighting up the Lakers again.

Man, just about every player in the NBA can "flat out ball".

Letting a career sixth man, on the worst team in the league, light up your defense for 32 is not as much a comment on Ramon's "flat out ball" skiils as it is a comment on the Lakers non-flat out defensive gaps and nonchalance. That was RS's season high. Not done against the Wizards, etc. Against the Lakers. Ramon wasn't so much brilliant as the Lakers collectively sucked.

Pau's weak wave at Eyenga dunking on him, after blasting past Kobe, for example. Pathetic....

But LO thinks: "Defense. Cohesiveness. Our chemistry on offense. I'm not that worried. I think it's things we can fix."

Well, we've heard that before, so I guess everything's cool....
sarcasm.gif

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
How the **** did the Lakeshow end up losing to Cleveland? Did I enter into some sort of parallel universe?

Yeah, they were jealous of the Clippers breaking the Cavs losing streak and Ramon Sessions is a perennial All-Star....

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Well, there's a real problem with that logic, besides the suck-ass play behind games like these (and starters playing well into the 4th).

I don't care who they beat or not, but with these losses they are losing ground on both Boston and Miami for home-court in the Finals (I don't believe SA will be there) and that does worry me.

If not SA, then who else from the Western Conference? The Spurs have played far and away the best basketball in the NBA this season. And they've beaten the Lakers twice.

Originally Posted by jet
coming from admitted #1 laker hater with occasional disingenuous props come on

that alley oop was weak as **** too

ps. I love how you pop in at opportune times
lol8[1].gif

I am the #1 Laker hater.

Originally Posted by Rambo
How the **** did the Lakeshow end up losing to Cleveland? Did I enter into some sort of parallel universe?

The one where imbeciles like Jet think they will 3peat.

Originally Posted by jet
It's barely halfway through the season lol. They almost lost to okc in the first round and went on to win.

*smokes stog*

also lol @ spurs comment

The only thing you're smoking right now ain't a stogie...

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
coming from admitted #1 laker hater with occasional disingenuous props come on that alley oop was weak as **** too ps. I love how you pop in at opportune times
lol8[1].gif

I ain't admit ****. Cept my hate for Fisher. And my
inlove.gif
for TheBron.
laugh.gif
what's the point of posting congrats when LA wins? 75% of this thread is Laker fans fellating the team. Would it make you feel better if I told you that they were really good last year when they beat boston? Yo I hate boston and I was rooting for la.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Surprised you took your lips off Lebronze long enough to type that!

Anyone who hates Dfish is a despicable human, no offense of course.

sexandcandy

Reaction score
Man, just about every player in the NBA can "flat out ball".

No, they can't. Look at what Johnny Flynn did when he finally got the chance to start this season over Luke Ridnour.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, yeah, yeah...4-3...before you start to rub it in.

These guys are really starting to try my patience. This is just inexcusable.

ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

this is two games in a row that i've turned off before the end. i NEVER do that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads