• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reasonably priced haircut nyc?

strongisland

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone can share their spots for a decent hair cut to basically just restore some shape to medium length hair as I'm growing it out. I've found places to be so hit and miss that I figured I'd ask after my last 2 haircuts. Can be anywhere in the city.

ClambakeSkate

Reaction score
Chelsea Barbers used to be awesome but they've raised their prices about $10 every 6 months for the last 4 years or so...

I started going to Premium Barber Shop (E 52nd St) when I couldn't take the price hikes at Chelsea anymore. It's like $20. No hot shave or towel like you get at Chelsea, but still a pretty solid cut.

Richie418

Reaction score
Originally Posted by strongisland
Wondering if anyone can share their spots for a decent hair cut to basically just restore some shape to medium length hair as I'm growing it out. I've found places to be so hit and miss that I figured I'd ask after my last 2 haircuts. Can be anywhere in the city.

Not sure if it's considered reasonable but Erica Fleishman on 49th St is amazing, ask for Janney.

elwood49

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Richie418
Not sure if it's considered reasonable but Erica Fleishman on 49th St is amazing, ask for Janney.

Seconded. Erica cut my hair a few weeks back. She did an awesome job.

It's pricier though. $72 for a cut and $82 for a cut/manicure. Well worth it, though, especially if you want to get it completely restyled like I did.

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What the...

$70+ for a cut? And here I thought a $40 cut at FSC was reaching ridiculous.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
wtf and i thought i was paying a lot at 20. **** is wrong with you kids with all this excess disposable income. my advice, get out of manhattan and go to an asian hair salon. they'll cut your hair better for less

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by montmorency
The blind barber in the east village, $40.

Interesting place. They break a few NY health codes by using non-disposable straight blades. I don't want to be cut with a blade that has been used on 10 other guys that day.

lefty

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads