• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Saville Row Suit

GodAtum

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Not Ed Harris
Gieves & Hawkes full bespoke is probably about £2,500+. According to their website their MTM suits start from £1000. Their ready to wear you can, as the gentleman above says, get from Bicester Village for about £300-400, or starting at about £500 from their conventional stores. Also I assume you mean Ted Baker and you're not asking if you can hire the former Dr Who to follow you around. Prices start from about £300ish I think.
Ah Ok a bit out of my price range
frown.gif
I meant Sir Tom Baker tailors (http://tombakerlondon.com/)

GodAtum

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Not Ed Harris
Ah well, that's me put in my place
shog[1].gif

tounge.gif

So ive narrowed my bespoke suit choices to either Graham Browne (around £850) or Hackett (not sure on price)
decisions.gif

mcobinad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
crackup[1].gif

Please can you tell me what is funny in what i said? Ofcourse you can get a bespoke Suit from Gieves & Hawkes at that price i mentioned but what you should question is the textile that will be used in the process. We are not juveniles okay. If you think you know it all, then don't be on this forum.

mcobinad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GodAtum
Ah Ok a bit out of my price range
frown.gif

I meant Sir Tom Baker tailors (http://tombakerlondon.com/)

There is sales still going on at the Bicester Village. I was there yesterday, so you can get an MTM suits from Gieves & Hawkes as from £175 to £300. The problem i had was getting my size if not there are lots of models to choose from.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mcobinad
Please can you tell me what is funny in what i said? Ofcourse you can get a bespoke Suit from Gieves & Hawkes at that price i mentioned but what you should question is the textile that will be used in the process. We are not juveniles okay. If you think you know it all, then don't be on this forum.

The funny part is the suggestion that full bespoke from Gieves starts anywhere near as low as £1000.

You can not get a bespoke suit from Gieves for £1000. As 'Not Ed Harris' says above, for bespoke from Gieves you would be looking at £2500 minimum; more than that for better fabrics. You may be able to get MTM/semi-bespoke for £1000 or less, but that is certainly not 'full bespoke'.

Even from Souster & Hicks, who are cheaper than most Savile Row tailors (due to their main premises now being based in Woburn, so they avoid the high rents of the row), start at around £1400 for a coat alone; I didn't ask the price for a suit but I expect it would be around £1800 or more.

I do not 'know it all', but neither do I spout rubbish on subjects I know nothing about. If you have no idea how much they cost then keep quiet instead of misleading people by making up a number on the spot.

(And that's not even mentioning the part about 'doubting' they use Loro Piana. I havn't been to Gieves in person, but I don't see why they wouldn't have Loro Piana fabrics available to them. Oh and you deserve another
crackup[1].gif
for the bit about Loro Piana being "the best textile on the market")

mcobinad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
The funny part is the suggestion that full bespoke from Gieves starts anywhere near as low as £1000.

You can not get a bespoke suit from Gieves for £1000. As 'Not Ed Harris' says above, for bespoke from Gieves you would be looking at £2500 minimum; more than that for better fabrics. You may be able to get MTM/semi-bespoke for £1000 or less, but that is certainly not 'full bespoke'.

Even from Souster & Hicks, who are cheaper than most Savile Row tailors (due to their main premises now being based in Woburn, so they avoid the high rents of the row), start at around £1400 for a coat alone; I didn't ask the price for a suit but I expect it would be around £1800 or more.

I do not 'know it all', but neither do I spout rubbish on subjects I know nothing about. If you have no idea how much they cost then keep quiet instead of misleading people by making up a number on the spot.

(And that's not even mentioning the part about 'doubting' they use Loro Piana. I havn't been to Gieves in person, but I don't see why they wouldn't have Loro Piana fabrics available to them. Oh and you deserve another
crackup[1].gif
for the bit about Loro Piana being "the best textile on the market")

Take this Mr "I too Know".
crackup[1].gif
I Don't need your knowledge on something am quite familiar with. I have important things to do. Good day. Lest and forget, don't pollute this guy's thread with your mediocre knowledge of Bespoke suits. Oh and you deserve another
crackup[1].gif

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
crackup[1].gif
I Don't need your knowledge on something am quite familiar with. I have important things to do. Good day. Lest and forget, don't pollute this guy's thread with your mediocre knowledge of Bespoke suits. Oh and you deserve another
crackup[1].gif

If you're quite familiar with bespoke Gieves suits costing £1000, then I imagine you're quite familiar with flying pigs and pink elephants too; unfortunately your delusions aren't based in reality unless the last time you visited Gieves was several decades ago and you havn't realised that prices have risen a bit since then.

Not Ed Harris

Reaction score
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif

Ok I wouldn't have been quite so harsh on you as he was but I will pull you up on a couple of things.

1. G&H's own website says their made to measure starts from £1,000.
2. If you're buying MTM it shouldn't matter about getting your size as the suit will be made for you.
3. I have not known any outlet store anywhere to offer made to measure at any less than perhaps a small discount the same price as at a regular store.
4. You shouldn't come in on your first day and go about criticizing the knowledge of someone who's got 3,000 posts and has been here for years willy nilly. I'm still pretty new here and if I see that someone's wrong, particularly in response to someone asking for advice, I'll pull them up on it but at this stage I'll still be polite about it.

Bounder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is sales still going on at the Bicester Village. I was there yesterday, so you can get an MTM suits from Gieves & Hawkes as from £175 to £300. The problem i had was getting my size if not there are lots of models to choose from.
That's a good price! What is your size in MTM? Do you remember what MTM sizes and colors they had in stock?

BlackShoes

Reaction score

I have never heard such rubbish. You do understand the concept of MTM yes?

Stanley the 2nd

Reaction score
Not Ed Harris - what dashing tweed did Graham Browne make up for you? Just curious as there isn't much on the net about DT.

WhippingBoy

Reaction score
Graham Browne are bespoke. See Simon Crompton Permanent Style Blog for review of 2 suits and overcoat
Also try

Sims and Macdonald. Lambs Conduit Street. My Tailor. Bloody Fantastic. Well known on the row
C Antoniou. Gray's Inn Road
Chris Georgiou. Kings Cross Road
Apsley Tailors. Pall Mall
George. Cleveland Street. See BownsBespoke for review
George. Threadneedleman
George. Haringay on Whitman Road.
Paul Kitsaros on Cleveland Street.

All will do fully canvased bespoke with 2/3 fittings for less than £1K. Cut on site. All been in the business for at least 10 years

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads