• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sshum

Reaction score
I own both FW10 stooges and high collar intarsia in oiled calf and don't think one is necessarily better than the other. They are both great and give you different looks depending on the occasion. I really loved the oiled calf used this season and you have to handle it 1st hand to notice the difference. It's a really substantial leather though and that might not be what some may be looking for in a leather.

Originally Posted by quasky
am i the only person that thinks hi-neck intarsia > stooges?

I only ever saw the FW10 come out in black this year but that's only from looking at 6 or so online retailers and the RO NYC store.

Originally Posted by nerazzurri
what colors of the stooges came out this year? is there some kind of catalog to see the models and colorways of every season?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Binker, I think your test fit as pictured would work so much nicer with the jeans sagged an inch, and without the hightops, change to lowtops, so the jeans shift an inch closer to the ground visually. With a cropped jacket you need to have more midsection, so sagging plus a longer tee helps as well.

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by heysf
Indeed, that's a nice looking jacket, and will suit your style. If I may ask, why didn't you get a toj goat bomber?

It's a bit too clean-looking for me, the BoO is exactly what I'm looking for,
On a side note I tried on my friend (member Oski here)'s toj DR and it was pretty sick

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
does Oski have the old one or the new one?

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was the new one, so heavy and durable, great job with those man

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kvc06
It's a bit too clean-looking for me, the BoO is exactly what I'm looking for
I thought I was done with BoO until I tried that on, hopefully it will make it to sales. If you kop that in size 1, I keel u!

coldcreep

Reaction score
I tried on that BOO leather jacket at Confederacy the other day. It's beautiful. They're out of size 2 though. Don't think these are going to make it to being on sale. It's a great jacket.

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They have a non Barneys collab version?

Binker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
Binker, I think your test fit as pictured would work so much nicer with the jeans sagged an inch, and without the hightops, change to lowtops, so the jeans shift an inch closer to the ground visually. With a cropped jacket you need to have more midsection, so sagging plus a longer tee helps as well.

yeah i see what you see, im a pretty top heavy guy to begin with but the sweater over the cropped jacket over slim stacked jeans really emphases it. part of the jeans issue is im filling them out a bit too much there. binge drinking + leg day troubles.

quasky

Reaction score
i think maybe i just don't like the epaulets on the stooges. also, that BoO bomber someone posted a couple pages back is nice, but still not as nice at ToJ. speaking of which, drew, what's the word on moto with bomber collar?

Nazareth

Reaction score
i think maybe i just don't like the epaulets on the stooges. also, that BoO bomber someone posted a couple pages back is nice, but still not as nice at ToJ. speaking of which, drew, what's the word on moto with bomber collar?

In what way? ToJ bombers are an eye-sore to say the least and I've yet to see someone actually pull it off without looking like they went through their signicificantly larger grandfathers WW2 memorabilia.

Not related to your post but a bone I've been meaning to pick for a while, the Margiela five-zip is equally hideous.

nerazzurri

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nazareth
In what way? ToJ bombers are an eye-sore to say the least and I've yet to see someone actually pull it off without looking like they went through their signicificantly larger grandfathers WW2 memorabilia.

Not related to your post but a bone I've been meaning to pick for a while, the Margiela five-zip is equally hideous.

so true
lol8[1].gif

I want a stooges
inlove.gif

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
disliking epaulets on a perfecto is like disliking meatballs and sauce with your speghetti and meatballs

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sshum
I really loved the oiled calf used this season and you have to handle it 1st hand to notice the difference. It's a really substantial leather though and that might not be what some may be looking for in a leather.

I thought this seasons Stooges are made of lamb?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads