• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninja07

Reaction score
these look amazing. are they available to order online? any problems?

Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by tylerjbritt
first pair of aldens, straight out the box. cigar captoe boot, commando sole. apologies for phone pix.

boots.jpeg

enigma77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by WhoKnewI
Hey guys. I just got these indys and I noticed this. Should I be concerned?
img5276i.jpg
img5282.jpg
img5285k.jpg

Originally Posted by theuglylover
I had that issue with my pair of Roy boots and they actually got worse over time. Luckily the dudes at Context were nice enough to replace my pair.
WhoKnewI your shoe doesn't look like it needs repairs at the moment, but if it does, FYI: My 403s eventually developed separation in that area (just one shoe; forget if it was the left or right) after about 6 months of wear. I had bought them at Epaulet, and Mike said that sometimes these things happened, and offered to ship them back to Alden for repairs at no cost to me. Alden had the shoes back to me -- perfectly repaired -- with new laces the following week. Moral of the story for me was (1) Mike is great as many of us know, and (2) Alden is good at dealing with quick fixes.

WhoKnewI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks enigma. I don't know if the pictures show it too well, but when I wear the boot, the top piece of leather lifts off the bottom portion and you can see two or three threads of the stitching stretched out between the two pieces. My concern is that with every step i take its putting more and more strain on those threads and they're going to eventually snap.

borderline

Reaction score
Originally Posted by WhoKnewI
Thanks enigma. I don't know if the pictures show it too well, but when I wear the boot, the top piece of leather lifts off the bottom portion and you can see two or three threads of the stitching stretched out between the two pieces. My concern is that with every step i take its putting more and more strain on those threads and they're going to eventually snap.

Loose stitching is a bummer but also very minor. Why go through all the hassle to ship them back when any decent cobbler can fix this for $10, probably while you wait?

enigma77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by borderline
Loose stitching is a bummer but also very minor. Why go through all the hassle to ship them back when any decent cobbler can fix this for $10, probably while you wait?

Even the best cobbler probably won't do as good a job as Alden. On my boots, there are absolutely no signs this issue ever occurred. A cobbler might stitch over the bad stitching, leaving you with an odd-looking thread-on-thread situation.

Cid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ritchee
I like these suede shoes. Any one have a pair? I'd get flat waxed laces to replace the ones on now.

73993.jpg

Blackbird Ballard had a nice reversed chamois ranger moc in color tobacco that I prefer, but appear to be sold out. A bit leery of trying the van last. Anyone know if these will be restocked?

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by enigma77
Even the best cobbler probably won't do as good a job as Alden. On my boots, there are absolutely no signs this issue ever occurred. A cobbler might stitch over the bad stitching, leaving you with an odd-looking thread-on-thread situation.

hrrm, well who was responsible for it in the first place?

MickCollins1916

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cid
Blackbird Ballard had a nice reversed chamois ranger moc in color tobacco that I prefer, but appear to be sold out. A bit leery of trying the van last. Anyone know if these will be restocked?

For whatever reason, I think this shoe's ok in the reverse chamois, but in the skin pictured, it screams 'grandpa' to me. Maybe I am just biased because I despise the Van last or something, but not a fan.

Krissly

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
i just had a huge disappointment. I tried to order a pair of Aldens at Shoemart and they said they cant be shipped internationally because Alden doesnt allow their retailers to do so
frown.gif

The lady on the phone gave me the telephone number of Alden in Middlesborough to try to order directly from them. Does it make any sense to call there or are there any better options for me in Germany to get a nice pair of Alden shoes ?
Biggest problem is that im looking for an E width which seems to be excluded from most of those awesome special orders i see around here. Any help or advice is highly appreciated !

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You might try, I believe they do ship internationally. You might also try the San Francisco Alden Shop:

http://aldenshop.com/

I know for sure they ship internationally as I've been in the store and heard them filling a phone order to Korea.

Originally Posted by Krissly
Hi Guys,
i just had a huge disappointment. I tried to order a pair of Aldens at Shoemart and they said they cant be shipped internationally because Alden doesnt allow their retailers to do so
frown.gif

The lady on the phone gave me the telephone number of Alden in Middlesborough to try to order directly from them. Does it make any sense to call there or are there any better options for me in Germany to get a nice pair of Alden shoes ?
Biggest problem is that im looking for an E width which seems to be excluded from most of those awesome special orders i see around here. Any help or advice is highly appreciated !

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ritchee
I like these suede shoes. Any one have a pair? I'd get flat waxed laces to replace the ones on now.

73993.jpg

I had a pair but sold them. I should have sized up a half

Krissly

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mediahound
You might try, I believe they do ship internationally. You might also try the San Francisco Alden Shop: http://aldenshop.com/ I know for sure they ship internationally as I've been in the store and heard them filling a phone order to Korea.
Thank you, i`ll try calling soon. Unfortunately Aldenshop takes 135$ for shipping, which seems pretty hardcore. Its UPS though, they are excellent and fast, but expensive.
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
get a proxy to send it for you ... i proxy stuff, if your interested
That sounds very interesting, ill definately contact you about your offer sooner or later. Thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads