• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

barbour international

danilo

Reaction score
I thought the Belstaff I handled at J.Crew was pretty nice, it better be for the $500+ price tag. The fit was also pretty good, the sleeves were a bit slimmer than the Barbour International I got, the body I would say is the same. The Belstaff had a wax 'sheen' to it, while the Barbour doesn't.

tunnelrat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES
I though the same until I tired on a belstaff roadmaster. The fitting is far better and the quality HAS not gone down for belstaff. This issue has been touched upon on other forums such as filmjackets--

Good to hear that! Seems to me that Belstaff's the winner now.. Really cool and without that stupid patch. How about any sales, do they make them? The price is still hefty.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tween_spirit
A few years ago I picked up a Duralinen International when they came out with those. It's definitely lighter weight than the normal one but it's a really cool piece I think.

It's like yellow linen but coated with black PU (it's a black jacket above all else) but over time the PU kind of fades and cracks in high-wear areas. Think "sick fadez" or whatever but for your jacket. It definitely has a cool look to it though that is very different than the normal waxed or non-waxed cotton.

Here is the only picture I have of it, but it's from a few years ago so there is no sort of wear on it at this point. I'll try to get a better one soon.

a5d78a28.jpg

this is great, i have one but never wore it in- would love to see pics of the fadez..

kungapa

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tween_spirit
A few years ago I picked up a Duralinen International when they came out with those. It's definitely lighter weight than the normal one but it's a really cool piece I think.

It's like yellow linen but coated with black PU (it's a black jacket above all else) but over time the PU kind of fades and cracks in high-wear areas. Think "sick fadez" or whatever but for your jacket. It definitely has a cool look to it though that is very different than the normal waxed or non-waxed cotton.

Here is the only picture I have of it, but it's from a few years ago so there is no sort of wear on it at this point. I'll try to get a better one soon.

a5d78a28.jpg

I have one - really faded. Annoyingly it is slightly too big for me, so it doesn't get much wear. Colour and feel is awesome though.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any pics?
actually the reason i never wore mine much is that the sleeves are pretty baggy. anyone ever had a tailor slim them down?

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I loved my international until I tried on a Roadmaster. Just far better on every aspect.

tunnelrat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by captaincaveman
For those on a tighter budget, the Kakadu Nelson is a pretty good waxed cotton enduro style moto jacket.

I have a L (44-46) for sale on ebay. I'd keep it if it fit. The waxed cotton almost feels like leather in terms of weight and stiffness.

thm_Kakadu%20Photos%202%20046.jpg

Isn't the Kakadu oiled cotton instead of waxed? (I don't know whether there's any difference tho.)

tunnelrat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johdus Fanfoozal
^I bought one of those and returned it. Felt cheap and was very boxy.

Are u talkin' about the Kakadu? Here's an interesting comparison with Barbour.

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tunnelrat
Are u talkin' about the Kakadu? Here's an interesting comparison with Barbour.

Yes, velcro all over the place, synthetic-lined collar and cuffs and cheap lining in body and sleave. On top of that it had a terrible fit. It was like putting on a tarp and tying it with a belt.

I wanted a Barbour/Belstaff-syle moto jacket without breaking the bank.

In this instance, I really got what I paid for.

tunnelrat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johdus Fanfoozal
Yes, velcro all over the place, synthetic-lined collar and cuffs and cheap lining in body and sleave. On top of that it had a terrible fit. It was like putting on a tarp and tying it with a belt.

I wanted a Barbour/Belstaff-syle moto jacket without breaking the bank.

In this instance, I really got what I paid for.

Disappointing. (Did you have the Nelson btw? From the description on the web it shouldn't have any velcros.)

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Does anybody know the fabric weight of the belstaff roadmaster? I know the international is 8oz and I've been meaning to get one for winter use. The fit of the roadmaster just seems better so I might opt for that if it's as thick.

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tunnelrat
Disappointing. (Did you have the Nelson btw? From the description on the web it shouldn't have any velcros.)

Yes, it was the Nelson. Bought (and returned it) from a third-party seller on Amazon.

Ended going with a JCrew British Millerain Oilcloth Field Jacket, which is similar to an International except no belt. Had a tailor put brass snaps on the pockets to make it look more like a classic British Motorcycle jacket.

images_onFigure_96_96051_96051_BR6432_m_tif_d6ce0c28c1181949.jpg

JCrew doesn't offer it anymore, but it can be kopped NWOT on Ebay for a decent discount.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads