• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by about11oclock
Mike, since SVB is your #1 customer, you should fly him to NYC for his pilgrimmage, and shoot a lookbook with him. It would be too funny if he was the Epaulet model.

Or maybe I just live too deep in internet meme land sometimes...

when did I achieve meme status and why was I not notified

nineohtoo

Reaction score
Will there be restocks on the heavy weight stone chinos? I was hoping I'd get them tomorrow, but just received news that there are no more in 28. I just mailed out my british khaki ones(my only pair of chinos) this morning too. I guess that's what I get for trying to be minimalist lol.

pwnstar

Reaction score
I had a quick question on the chino fit. From the pictures it looks like they taper in quite a bit more than the walt trousers. Is that the case/are there any plans to do more of a straight leg fit over tapered?

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are less tapered than the walt. Slimmer in the thigh but about the same in the knee and hem

dra

Reaction score
Mike, any idea when you will be restocking on shirts? Hardly any sizes left in anything, and I need to grab a few before I head to Vegas (and lose all my money) in a few weeks...

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dra
Mike, any idea when you will be restocking on shirts? Hardly any sizes left in anything, and I need to grab a few before I head to Vegas (and lose all my money) in a few weeks...

Same here...well, except for the Vegas part. Taking the SO and her two daughters on a weeks vacation in March. I keep checking the shirt stock on Epaulet's site hoping for some updates.

nineohtoo

Reaction score
Has anyone intentionally shrunk their rivet chinos? I really want the stone, and the smallest available is a 29, I'm considering initially washing it warm and machine drying.

runningfrog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nineohtoo
Has anyone intentionally shrunk their rivet chinos? I really want the stone, and the smallest available is a 29, I'm considering initially washing it warm and machine drying.

yeah, i got the last pair of 28 in stone (sorry!) and i cold washed and hot machine dried before getting them hemmed. it's hard to say how much they shrunk as i didn't take before/after measurements. you might consider a hot wash if you really want to shrink them down. good luck

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordered my first pair of EP Trousers last night! The Slim Walt, for work. Can't wait - hope the 28's fit!

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
Which ones did you get?
I got the Slim Walt Tan Moleskin in 28 EP had the full run of sizing (meaning these pants may have been picked through and passed on) where as most others are sold out -- but per the description and the model's photo's it should be what I'm looking for (Slim, yet with a high enough rise to comfortable tuck in a shirt and have it look right). Plan to have them altered in the inseam. The waist will apparently also allow to be let in or our an additional 1.5" in each direction.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
I got the Slim Walt Tan Moleskin in 28 EP had the full run of sizing (meaning these pants may have been picked through and passed on) where as most others are sold out -- but per the description and the model's photo's it should be what I'm looking for (Slim, yet with a high enough rise to comfortable tuck in a shirt and have it look right. OLan to wear have them altered in the inseam. The waist will apparently also allow to be let in or our an additional 1.5" in each direction.
I have those trousers. They're ridiculously soft!

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stopped by the Orchard St location last night. Left with the Rivet Chinos (Golden Khaki), Trousers in Calvary Twill and the Ashland Navy and Red Tartan.

Chinos: As I told Adele after I tried them on, these are even better than the hype. Wearing them today. After 30 mins in these, the only thing I can think is "what color next???"

Calvary Twill trousers: The texture of these pants are great. Pix on-line don't do them justice. A great thick, sturdy wool great for NYC cold days. Beware if you order these online, I had to size up. They fit snugger than other Ep Walt Trousers in my normal size.

Ashland shirt: solid piece of work. My first Gitman Bros shirt.

Quality!

J.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads