• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nsa/cia/3li

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've managed to jump majors and change potential career fields again.

Essentially the goal is to make it in to the CST (or equivalent) program out of college. I was wondering if anyone had any advice or experience with this, and any recommendations on the application process.

About me:
-Chemistry major (BS) (was business; biomed before that)
-Major related GPA: 3.5
-Academic GPA: 2.3 (awful last semester that may be able to dropped which would put me at a 3.0)
-1440/2100 SAT 31 or 32 ACT (can't remember)
-I've taken a few practice ASVAB exams and the results are between 96 and 98
-Conversationally fluent in Spanish
-Learning Farsi right now
-Near perfect PFT score

I'm already planning on spending some serious time over the next few summers in the ME, so cultural immersion should hopefully be a helpful addition. Is there any point in me taking the ASVAB? IQ tests? I'll be applying to for a CIA internship for Summer 2012 soon, as well.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
I'll be applying to for a CIA internship for Summer 2012 soon, as well.

Probably want to start deleting your posts here on SF any day now.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nvm

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Probably want to start deleting your posts here on SF any day now.

LOL. Too late

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
I've managed to jump majors and change potential career fields again.

Essentially the goal is to make it in to the CST (or equivalent) program out of college. I was wondering if anyone had any advice or experience with this, and any recommendations on the application process.

About me:
-Chemistry major (BS) (was business; biomed before that)
-Major related GPA: 3.5
-Academic GPA: 2.3 (awful last semester that may be able to dropped which would put me at a 3.0)
-1440/2100 SAT 31 or 32 ACT (can't remember)
-I've taken a few practice ASVAB exams and the results are between 96 and 98
-Conversationally fluent in Spanish
-Learning Farsi right now
-Near perfect PFT score

I'm already planning on spending some serious time over the next few summers in the ME, so cultural immersion should hopefully be a helpful addition. Is there any point in me taking the ASVAB? IQ tests? I'll be applying to for a CIA internship for Summer 2012 soon, as well.

If you don't speak a target language at 3/3 level minimum your chances are not very good. If you don't speak anything, looking like you do helps. Most people who get into what you're trying to right out of college are or were dual citizens of a target region and speak not only fluently, but also with local dialect and inflection. I don't want to get you down but you have almost everything going against you. You are competing against people who have:

4.0 gpa in relevant field
probably masters coursework at minimum
hard target language fluency with regional dialect
They look the language
no trouble with the law ever.

Even if you have everything they want, more people get disqualified after an offer has been extended then make it through to an EOD date.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Hgalek, you might try this website- it has a lot of useful information about the admission programs.
smile.gif

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rugger
If you don't speak a target language at 3/3 level minimum your chances are not very good. If you don't speak anything, looking like you do helps. Most people who get into what you're trying to right out of college are or were dual citizens of a target region and speak not only fluently, but also with local dialect and inflection. I don't want to get you down but you have almost everything going against you. You are competing against people who have:

4.0 gpa in relevant field
probably masters coursework at minimum
hard target language fluency with regional dialect
They look the language
no trouble with the law ever.

Even if you have everything they want, more people get disqualified after an offer has been extended then make it through to an EOD date.

Wicked- appreciate the information.
I realize that this is the internet and all, but how'd you come about this information?

Originally Posted by biggestassholevarrrrrrFUUUUUUU
wikileaks

Oh dear...
frown.gif

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
LaffPup.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads