• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
^ lol, no. Size 1 is like a true 44, fwiw. I can't zip sz 1 up.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought you were a 44 drew. Or do you mean just the rider.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Inquired about the Julius Rider in size 1 and damn it is way too small. p2p is around 16.5"-17". Is it ridiculous to expect a leather jacket to stretch about 2" in the chest?
Those riders fit super small, I'd probably have a hard time getting into a size 1

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's what I figure. Oh well, back on track for the stooges I go.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
i'm like a 45, sometimes a 46. I can do 44 but I've realized over the years it's just a tad too small for me in most stuff, makes me look unnaturally small as well. Better to have a bit of give and motion in the clothes than to be stuffed in them.

modalsaliency

Reaction score
It depends on your build. I had a Korean friend who couldn't zip up that rider in sz1 because it tapered inward too fast for his waist. I can zip it up but it's too constricting in the shoulders because, whatever the on-paper measurement, I'm more barrel-chested than the average asian. And I know a Japanese guy like 10kg heavier than either of us who fit into it fine. Honestly, your problem with that model in sz1 is more likely to be the sleeves. That model was Julius' last hurrah of short arms before they switched to longer cuts.
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
can't really seem to pull off leather jackets but this is making me
drool.gif

I was so happy when they stopped using the nipple buttons, and then they had to go and bring them back. They refuse to die.

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
band-of-outsiders-spring-summer-2011-presentation-28-360x540.jpg
Love the BOO for Barneys

nerazzurri

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nerazzurri
how much would you guys pay for a 09 stooges in the dove gray? is $1300-1400 too much?

im quoting myself to get an answer
ffffuuuu.gif
smile.gif

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xM.
Robert Geller S/S 2011 I'm not huge on non-black leathers but I think this is dope, even if the chest pockets are a little much.
TiB9f.jpg

It's appealing, but I feel like there's too much going on-- tons of zips with a matching tassel hanging off of every damn one of them! I suppose you could remove the tassels, but it looks like many of the tassels are designed with matching leather color as if to soften the hardness of so many zippers. On many of the zips, the leather tassel hides the majority of the metal. Thus removing them might dramatically change the look of the jacket, and would we all still like it then?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
the leather quality on that Geller looks cheap as ****.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually don't mind the nipple buttons, it's when they're stuck over multiple pocket flaps that I find it unpleasant.

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
It's appealing, but I feel like there's too much going on-- tons of zips with a matching tassel hanging off of every damn one of them!

it will look a lot less loud when worn though. Would kop.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics