• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by noobizor
Nice. Love the cut of the jacket and the way it emphasizes the shoulders. (Guess it's kind of a taboo subject around here, but so many cool-looking leather jackets are actually kind of wimpi-fying, oh noes!)

Any examples?

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Eh, put your fists down. I'm not thinking of a particular poster or your favorite brand, more the cool-looking jackets I've tried on that turned out to be completely unflattering. On me. I think Binker wears his well. Interesting point about the fabrics, too.

G0079

Reaction score
You sure it's the jackets that are wimpifying and not just the skinny ass people wearing them?

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Enjoy my face, forgot to block it out. Always look stupid when taking pictures of yourself
znornp.jpg
dnzp4z.jpg
patagonia wjk nom de guerre heat tech lanvin combat boots no vis

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sexonfabric
Cross post from the EG SS 2011 thread. Dirty mirror iphone photo, as favoured by WAYWT...

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

EG X 3
Trickers

Deserves better photos. Nice use of colour and the jacket looks particularly good.
Originally Posted by clark kent
my first fit after a year or so of lurking, hopefully not too bad.
r1gaz9.jpg

jl5u0g.jpg
[/spoiler]

Good to see a lurker post. I think the top needs slimmer jeans or the jeans need a slightly less slim top.
Originally Posted by Evil Sushi
the one in the middle
biggrin.gif

18007618500055309251264.jpg
[/spoiler]

Looks good - great coat. guys either side don't look bad either.
Originally Posted by bows1
Super awkward face

7LZoa.jpg
[/spoiler]

I prefer the T to the jeans, but they work pretty well together.
Originally Posted by Biggen
pmAT5l.jpg
0XRm1l.jpg
[/spoiler]

MMM
APC
Skulls
C&J

I like all the individual pieces, but I'm not sure they work together. I think the sweater needs looser trousers and a different shirt.

Originally Posted by thekunk07
IMG_1999-1.jpg

Can't really add much - I don't mind the loose jeans on their own, but not with the slim top.
Originally Posted by Carraway
I'm new. Do your worst. Seriously I would like the criticism, the more I can learn the better
wink.gif

dsc01132.png
Not too sure what is going on with the weird shirt bulge at the back. Anyway first post. Glad to be here.
Take a photo outside or at least in better light and we might be able to see enough to give useful feedback.
Originally Posted by Binker
fit6667.jpg
I don't like ripped knees, but other than that this looks good. Nice shirt.
Originally Posted by christos
5446217957_a59f14cb3d_z.jpg

Topman(quilted sweater)
Uniqlo
Self Edge
Tanner Goods
Levis
Clarks
Looks good.
Originally Posted by nicelynice
Enjoy my face, forgot to block it out. Always look stupid when taking pictures of yourself
znornp.jpg
dnzp4z.jpg

patagonia
wjk
nom de guerre
heat tech
lanvin
combat boots no vis
I know the problem with self portraits - I either look like an imbecile or seriously pissed off (I normally stick with the latter)...

Looks good, although I'm not sure about the slightly capped sleeve the Patagonia seems to have.

sexonfabric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
too much color for my tastes. I think it might look better with khaki colored pants.

I did feel very colourful...was trying my best to appeal to the gods of spring for some decent weather

Originally Posted by Fuuma
Do you have more accurate picture of the colour and fabric of the jacket; it looks absolutely great.

Colour is fairly accurate in the photo, it's the navy whipcord bedford from AW10. Currently relegated to my iphone for pictures so I'm sure online sources can do much better than I can.

Originally Posted by steveoffice
i disagree, green pants alleviate the fit. workwear done right.

Thanks, I do love green pants. Bit of a staple currently.

Originally Posted by hendrix
i like this

Cheers, always a fan of your fits.

Originally Posted by AntiHero84
Great fit. Probably the only time I've really enjoyed seeing EG.

Cool, I have plenty of EG in the wardrobe so look forward to trying to change your views on it

Originally Posted by saelan
I love sexonfabric's fit. Is that EG's Bedford jacket?

Thanks man. Yeh its the navy whipcord bedford from AW10

Originally Posted by Peter1
Is that the EG FW10 desert pant? I could not get them to fit me. 32=crushed nuts; 34=loose in the lower leg. AFAIK there were no 33s made. Great fabric and color but the top block was made for small guys.

When I first got them they were nut crushers for sure. First time I'd worn them for a while last night and they felt much better. Been trying to get my body fat down for summer and haven't been doing much leg work as the rugby season is nearly over...so probably attributed to that. Leg opening isn't huge but isn't that tight either, chunky shoes like these certainly help.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
AHmGE.jpg

so how's your hair, aeglus?

ratboy90

Reaction score
dsc1445.jpg

first post here. also just started 'rebooting' myself style-wise so be gentle.
laugh.gif

and my jeans need shortening.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Everything about that is bad. The shoes you may be able to use. Everything else should be burned. Don't bother hemming the jeans, the wash is awful and they don't fit - just get rid of them. The cardigan is weirdly low-cut and sags, looking terrible as a result, especially over a white crewneck. While it is difficult to tell just HOW badly it fits because of the angle, the jacket doesn't fit you either; too big in just about every proportion. Reboot again.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yea, ar is right.

if you like the cut of the jean, i would suggest bulkier boots/shoes. the desert boots look slim under that cut. or you can slim down the on the jeans. either way go with a darker wash.

jacket looks formal for the outfit.

keep posting tho, nobody knows your style yet, so its tough to recommend stuff.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
He doesn't "like the cut of the jean", just doesn't know better, is trying to look like a j.lindeberg catalogue; jeans + black boots + dark blazer over cardi. It's just done badly. The Eason does it. Look to The Eason for guidance.

afc345

Reaction score
5447681061_ede99d20c4.jpg

Not strictly WAYTT, but I got this knit which used to belong to my dad. Was a bit too big for me, so i shrinked in the washing machine and now it fits almost perfect. What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads