• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

gannonyu

Reaction score
I'm really happy with my order...

red chambray: fits really great. I'm typically a medium in most brands; this one is really slim fitting and looks to be constructed really well.

brown OD oxford is thick and sturdy. a bit long but should be great after a hot wash and dry.

CPO shirt is awesome. great fit over a tee or an oxford. Thick and warm. Probably worth it's retail, but I got it when it was about $20.

returned the seaport OD to Sears in Pacific Centre Mall, Vancouver. No hassle, and the credited it to my account two days later.

bombers

Reaction score
red chambray fits nice and slim but the arm length was about 2" too short (I'm 6'0''). I got it when it was $15 so I might was well keep it and wear the sleeves rolled up.

Qudi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gannonyu
I'm really happy with my order...

red chambray: fits really great. I'm typically a medium in most brands; this one is really slim fitting and looks to be constructed really well.

brown OD oxford is thick and sturdy. a bit long but should be great after a hot wash and dry.

CPO shirt is awesome. great fit over a tee or an oxford. Thick and warm. Probably worth it's retail, but I got it when it was about $20.

returned the seaport OD to Sears in Pacific Centre Mall, Vancouver. No hassle, and the credited it to my account two days later.

Whats your build like? And did you order M? I'm between a S/M in most brands and I'm not sure what size to get.

C-Note

Reaction score
If you're between a S/M I think a S might be better. I'm typically a medium and I have gotten size S and they fit well. If you were between M/L, on the other hand, then I think M would be better. But LEC is notorious for what seems like inconsistent sizing so I might be wrong about getting S lol But they also have an easy return policy

*#..

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Qudi
Whats your build like? And did you order M? I'm between a S/M in most brands and I'm not sure what size to get.
Get your usual size in most other brands, except BoO. I'm a small in other shirts (epaulet, wolf vs goat, etc). I've measured the shirts (bought 1 of each except the workshirts in small), and the oxfords come with longer sleeves and an overall more relaxed cut. The other button ups and the polos fit more like a small really should fit with the red chambray being the fittest of the bunch of button ups I've bought. The shoulders are 16.5-17" (varies), and the chest was like 19.5-20".

*#..

Reaction score
Also, on a side note, I managed to undo the stitching on the pockets of the red chambray I have (thought they were ugly). I also got rid of the the logo below the bottom button, and after a wash, the holes disappeared quite nicely. It's like there was never a pocket/logo there in the first place. Next step is to replace the buttons on the chambray.

bombers

Reaction score
Originally Posted by *#..
Also, on a side note, I managed to undo the stitching on the pockets of the red chambray I have (thought they were ugly). I also got rid of the the logo below the bottom button, and after a wash, the holes disappeared quite nicely. It's like there was never a pocket/logo there in the first place. Next step is to replace the buttons on the chambray.

Did it shrink any? Mine fits the way i like it and im affraid it might be too small after a wash.

*#..

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bombers
Did it shrink any? Mine fits the way i like it and im affraid it might be too small after a wash.

Not really, I wouldn't be too concerned about that unless you hot wash/hot dry it. I washed it in warm (don't care too much about these shirts) and dried it for ~25 minutes, and not much shrinking at all. The shirts still fit me the same. If it shrinks, you can always return it and get another one.

pimpmystyle

Reaction score
You've really got to be suspicious about the endless stream of coupons distributed by canvas. Borders did the same thing to try to maintain market share and they're about to go into bankruptcy.

The market has spoken: you can't support a clothing line by catering to SF'ers.

*#..

Reaction score
^Interesting. I really hope not - their polos are an amazing fit on me. At $8-9 each, they are a steal, especially since I just ordered $50 worth of stuff there with the 30%, free ship deal going on now. A few of the posts way back in this thread said they talked to Canvas reps, and they were "surprised" by the positive response of this new line.

gannonyu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Qudi

5' 9", 155lbs. Ordered a small in everything. I tried on my friend's OD oxford in M, and it was loose in all the wrong places.

thisfits

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pimpmystyle
You've really got to be suspicious about the endless stream of coupons distributed by canvas. Borders did the same thing to try to maintain market share and they're about to go into bankruptcy.

The market has spoken: you can't support a clothing line by catering to SF'ers.

The endless stream of coupons seemed to be the norm for Lands' End even before Canvas came around. Not saying Canvas is in good shape, but I wouldn't use the discounts as a gauge to determine their performance.

I think they're doing fine. I wasn't around to witness the entire demise of M+O, but I get the sense what we're seeing from LEC is different (though they use the same models
lol8[1].gif
)

Something else of note: J. Crew opening Factory Online was almost certainly a response to LEC. So they seem to be doing well enough to get Millard Drexler's attention.

Expressions Realia

Reaction score
I'm pretty happy looking at this Canvas line, I'll have to target something my first purchase soon. Thanks for the heads up OP!

Ah, too bad I didn't know about the 'CUPID' code earlier JF.. Maybe I'll check the piggy bank for something tomorrow.
laugh.gif

Qudi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gannonyu
5' 9", 155lbs. Ordered a small in everything. I tried on my friend's OD oxford in M, and it was loose in all the wrong places.

Thanks for sharing. Made an order today with all smalls, looking forward to receiving this shipment.

My measurements are almost the same at 5'10" and 160lbs, but with broad shoulders and a 15" neck. it's hard to find well-fitting shirts, hopefully these will fit even though I won't be able to button it all the way up.
confused.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads