• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Batman: Dark Knight Rises (movie thread)

Pennglock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gfreeman
Am I the only one who thinks The Dark Knight Rises is a ****** title?

No. Am I the only one who thinks this will be a ****** movie?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
That can be a good idea as long as it doesn't turn into something like XMen 3. I know Nolan knows better than that but sometimes having a popular character under-utilized can mess up the flow of the movie. Like if they have the Penguin doing some petty crimes, people might be more upset than happy to see a small cameo.

X-Men 3 was full of problems and that was not really the main one. Anyways, I think it would be cool to see a meeting of all the mob bosses and have a bunch of the freaks be there.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pennglock
Nope. PM RFX45. He's started a fan club for people like you.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
marion-cottilard_240.jpg
Marion Cotillard joins 'The Dark Knight Rises': report
Oscar-winner Marion Cotillard (La Vie en Rose) is reuniting with her Inception director, Christopher Nolan, for The Dark Knight Rises, according to People. Though it’s unclear what role she will be playing, the pregnant actress — who’s expecting in April — joins a cast that already includes Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, Gary Oldman, and newcomers Anne Hathaway and Tom Hardy.
via EW

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some reports are saying she might play Talia. Along with JGL joining the cast, I don't think having all these characters are a god sign.

I still have faith in Nolan but damn this is not a good sign to have these much characters. He needs to pull an Oceans 11 x Mission Impossible x TDK to pull it off well.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nolan is the new Apatow.

perusingnature

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pennglock

christopher nolan has done no wrong so far so any notion of ****** movie is unwarranted, though i'm not a fan of the title.

Sesame Seed

Reaction score
Some reports are saying she might play Talia. Along with JGL joining the cast, I don't think having all these characters are a god sign.

I still have faith in Nolan but damn this is not a good sign to have these much characters. He needs to pull an Oceans 11 x Mission Impossible x TDK to pull it off well.

It reminds me of the old Batman film with Adam West. They just threw in all the enemies. Cesar Romero is untoucahable as The Joker, though. It would take a Gary Oldman or a Tim Curry to challenge him.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sesame Seed
It reminds me of the old Batman film with Adam West. They just threw in all the enemies. Cesar Romero is untoucahable as The Joker, though. It would take a Gary Oldman or a Tim Curry to challenge him.

or maybe a heath ledger?
confused.gif

Avocat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by deadly7
Yes, except the average layperson has no idea what A:TLA is. They would assume, wrongly, that it was associated with the James Cameron Avatar. I've seen copyright suits won for a lot less.

Actually, what Recoil says as it relates to Copyright Law is correct. While titles, names, slogans and short phrases may be the subject of a trademark (provided strict statutory and/or commonlaw requirements are met), they are not copyright-able.

Does this mean that in this hypothetical that Cameron wouldn't object and/or have his legal team on it even although any such claim, if at all, would seemingly lack merit? Of course it doesn't: claims are filed with courts all over the world daily, many of which eventually met with a motion to toss on the basis that they simply lack merit, and such claims are tossed out accordingly. That said, many claims--including the meritless ones--settle for numerous reasons (among them being the reality that not all litigants have equal time, money and/or legal resources to fight a suit, regardless of the suit's merit or lack thereof), such that, in practice, you deadly are also correct.
teacha.gif

Originally Posted by Don Carlos
That was a very enlightening and well-written piece. After reading it, I have every confidence in Nolan's ability to make a really cool movie around him. Thank you for sharing it.

+1. An excellent read; I enjoyed it, too.

What? With it publicly known that Nolan will be directing and co-writing again, they could name this "Batmans **** his Pants" and people will still see it and probably break records. ...

laugh.gif
I think you might be right about this.

Sesame Seed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
or maybe a heath ledger?
confused.gif

I guess...

You know what I just thought? Michael Keaton should have played both Batman and Joker in 1989. My mind just melted from the genius of it.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sesame Seed
I guess… You know what I just thought? Michael Keaton should have played both Batman and Joker in 1989. My mind just melted from the genius of it.
I had a similar "what if?" thought the other day. Christian Bale makes for a great Bruce Wayne and Batman. His voice is just awful. They should have gotten Kevin Conroy to do voiceovers for Batman. He is the Batman from The Animated Series.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this the final movie, or will there be more. Because it's obvious the title is setting itself up for another movie.

Anthony K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by L.R.
Is this the final movie, or will there be more. Because it's obvious the title is setting itself up for another movie.

Nolan has said this will be his last, as has Christian Bale. Bale said if Nolan wanted to do another, he would do it. But as far as anybody knows, this is the last of Nolan's Batman movies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads