• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Avengers (05.04.2012)

Unregistered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
^Hell no. Couldn't they have at least gotten a Russian? OOOHhhh, she's got ********. Dangerous.

I couldn't care less about her nationality.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
She was the worst part of Iron Man 2.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
She was annoying in Iron Man 2. I feel if you're going to do the stereotypical kick ass hot girl, at least make her more interesting than just cleavage. That's just lazy...

Though, I found the entire IM2 movie to be lazy writing anyway.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Teaser trailer for the Avengers has been shot and will appear in the Thor and Capt. America movies. Also:

the trailer confirms that Thor's brother Loki (Tom Hiddleston) will be the main villain. Loki will likely get his hands on the Cosmic Cube, the macguffin of the upcoming "Captain America: The First Avenger", and uses it to bring the shapeshifting alien race The Skrulls to invade Earth.

How The Hulk will fit in with this story remains unclear, though it has been rumoured Loki will brainwash him - an action that causes The Avengers to assemble early in the film.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sounds impressive but I think having the Skrulls would be overkill.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm pissed they pulled filming from Detroit. Now it's in Cleveland. Went from bad to worse.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
Sounds impressive but I think having the Skrulls would be overkill.
I think they do need an army that they can beat in masses so Skrulls sounds good. The CGI for the Skrulls better be goddamn good though, makes me wonder if SuperSkrull would be in the movie though? He's mainly an FF4 villain so it'll be interesting if he mistake Capt. America for Human Torch.
lol8[1].gif
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
i'm pissed they pulled filming from Detroit. Now it's in Cleveland. Went from bad to worse.
Maybe they needed a total wasteland to film at in which case they found the perfect place.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
I think they do need an army that they can beat in masses so Skrulls sounds good. The CGI for the Skrulls better be goddamn good though, makes me wonder if SuperSkrull would be in the movie though? He's mainly an FF4 villain so it'll be interesting if he mistake Capt. America for Human Torch.
lol8[1].gif

Don't get me wrong. I think the Skrulls would make great villains but they seem more suited for a sequel as some have previously mentioned. It seems like it would be a challenge juggling the Avengers team as is without having to flesh out an entire race of interstellar aliens. But I am hopeful so long as the film is entertaining.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. I think the Skrulls would make great villains but they seem more suited for a sequel as some have previously mentioned. It seems like it would be a challenge juggling the Avengers team as is without having to flesh out an entire race of interstellar aliens. But I am hopeful so long as the film is entertaining.

Key is to go see the movie w/o any expectations. That's what I do or else I would have probably burnt the theater after seeing Wolverine Origins.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Key is to go see the movie w/o any expectations. That's what I do or else I would have probably burnt the theater after seeing Wolverine Origins.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This should be the first rule of every comic book fan.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This should be the first rule of every comic book fan.

True... but it goes against every ingrained instinct. You're dedicating a significant portion of your time and money following the life of a fictional person. When it makes it to the big screen, they had damn well better get it right.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by L.R.
True... but it goes against every ingrained instinct. You're dedicating a significant portion of your time and money following the life of a fictional person. When it makes it to the big screen, they had damn well better get it right.

Yeah, dude. I don't think we're the studio execs' number one priority.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads