• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New golf shoe offerings from Allen Edmonds

Tomboys

Reaction score
They look remarkably similar to Footjoy's Classic Dry Premiere line of golf shoes that were discountinued last year (?). While there's no comparison between the construction of those and their replacements (FJ Icon), I have to admit, the Icons are very, very good.

At any rate, I hope AE can make a go of it.

txeconomist

Reaction score
Re: "They look remarkably similar to Footjoy's Classic Dry Premiere line of golf shoes." Yep have the gold/ brass deal in the heal... I dont know why they couldnt make one that doesnt look like sht.

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank God. Now I can buy a golf shoe made in America.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by changy
i hope the logos are not on the actual shoes

It's a f**king golf shoe. No-one's looking at your heels, they're looking at where you hooked the ball. Jesus.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...playing 35+ rounds a year, walking and looping my own carry bag, i'll stick to my FJ sports/Ecco crossfire

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thanks SF (a new me)
...playing 35+ rounds a year, walking and looping my own carry bag, i'll stick to my FJ sports/Ecco crossfire

FJ would be great but Ecco
frown.gif

changy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by alliswell
It's a f**king golf shoe. No-one's looking at your heels, they're looking at where you hooked the ball. Jesus.

I just don't think logos belong on shoes. Think

o_DSCF2206.jpg

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just don't think logos belong on shoes. Think

o_DSCF2206.jpg

I present to you...

Originally Posted by hermes man
lvlaceup.jpg

lvlaceupside.jpg

honestly it look quite impressive , but I wonder when and for what can I wear it? and with what?

i take it that it is not suitable for formal or work since its too tacky and over the top but not like that matter since i am not a white collar worker

the design is inspired from Louis Vuitton's Fall/Winter 2010 Fashion Show

Tomboys

Reaction score
i hope the logos are not on the actual shoes

I'm afraid what 'cha see is what 'cha get.

Originally Posted by txeconomist
Re: "They look remarkably similar to Footjoy's Classic Dry Premiere line of golf shoes." Yep have the gold/ brass deal in the heal... I dont know why they couldnt make one that doesnt look like sht.

I was speaking more of the combo leather and rubber sole treatment, but yes, that "medallion" thingie on the side of the heel is reminiscent of the later version on the CDP and was carried over to the Classic Tours. And I fully agree, that medallion was fugly. I hated it so much that I kept waiting for FJ to redesign the shoes without it.

Finally, I couldn't wait any longer--needed new shoes, so I purchased the Classic Tours. I almost had myself convinced that it wasn't that noticeable until one of my regular playing partners told me that I needed to clean my shoes better because I had a leaf or something stuck to the heels for the past couple of rounds.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

The Icon has a "FJ" on its heel as well, but it's real subtle and is recessed into the heel and you really only notice it if you look for it. Otherwise, it tends to be pretty inconspicuous.

Originally Posted by Thanks SF (a new me)

If you get the chance, try the Icons. Sure, FJ's top of the line shoe went from being a welted-shoe made in the USA to a glued one made in China, but they are absolutely amazing. FJ really did a great job developing the Icon IMO.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads