• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Amazing Spider-Man (07/03/2012)

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Ultimate books are great. Spidey as an angsty teen is really what he should be.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by origenesprit
The Ultimate books are great. Spidey as an angsty teen is really what he should be.
They are great, but this guy isn't a teen is he? I thought he was in his mid-20's. That's another thing I've never been able to understand about these casting decisions. Why not just cast a ******* teenager?

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
They are great, but this guy isn't a teen is he? I thought he was in his mid-20's. That's another thing I've never been able to understand about these casting decisions. Why not just cast a ******* teenager?

He looks pretty young to me. Definitely younger than Maguire.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
We're led to believe he sewed that?

Did it bother you all those years that the comic book version of Peter also sewed his own costume many times?

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Garfield was born in 1983.

Mostly because most teen actors suck. I really do not want to see Taylor Lautner playing Spidey. Even Efron is in his 20's.

To me, I don't care as long as they can get the look. Andrew Garfield looks like a teenager so no big deal. Tobey looked like a college student as well so it work well with the part.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
There are all sorts of reasons why people hate to cast minors. For one thing, labor laws prevent them from working more than 9 hours a day. Because you get fewer hours per day, you draw out the total duration of the production to add more weeks to the shoot. This is incredibly expensive. You're also legally obligated to provide on-set tutoring and other ****. Finally, there are limits on what sort of situations and conditions under which you can and cannot display a minor on screen. Lots of violence is usually questionable, as are lots of romantic situations. Also, as has been said, most kids just can't ******* act. All said and done, it's a huge pain **********. This is why you almost always see actors over the age of 18 cast in younger starring roles.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It appears the new movie is going to be called "The Amazing Spider-Man".

New photo of the costume:

spidermanfull-568x842.jpg

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What's with the mesh? Was this designed by the people at Under Armour?

Nah, this Peter Parker preferred DriFit by Nike so he sewed it into his costume.

I am not liking the yellow eyes, it looks like he is high or does he have liver problems?

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Where are the webs, bro?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
I am not liking the yellow eyes, it looks like he is high or does he have liver problems?
looks a bit mosquito-esque, doesn't it?

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45

I don't think they are actually yellow. I think that's just the light hitting off their reflective surface. Like seen here:

Spiderman%2BPart%2B2%2Bin%2BHindi%2BDubbed.jpg

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has nobody else noticed the gigantic web shooters? They're great to have in filming, but don't advertise them in a costume. Ew.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads