• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Spring/Summer 2011 Discussion

dsoren

Reaction score
Went in today and picked up a pair of white spring courts, they are super clean...

Tried on the winslow jacket as well - wasn't feeling the fit. Small was too boxy, XS was too short in the sleeves. Tried on the trapper jacket too and wasn't really feeling the fit...

imposter2012

Reaction score
Originally Posted by phaseshift
I just got the trapper jacket...saw that it was going to start raining here in socal..for a day..haha so what did I do?
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Did you get your regular size or one size down? Just curious.

Dude, just got the fireman hoodie on sale!

imposter2012

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dsoren
Went in today and picked up a pair of white spring courts, they are super clean... Tried on the winslow jacket as well - wasn't feeling the fit. Small was too boxy, XS was too short in the sleeves. Tried on the trapper jacket too and wasn't really feeling the fit...
Their cotton jackets this season are not on point at all. I'm in between sizes for both of those jackets.
frown.gif

BoboMax

Reaction score
was just about to checkout w/the 20% off coupon from catalog, but then could not combine the over $100 free ship code with the 20% coupon. wtf? what is the point of the coupon then?

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, can't use both unfortunately. Just picked up the class brown Quoddy bluchers with my 20% coupon, should be a nice springtime shoe when I don't feel like putting my boots on.

dsoren

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slide13
Yeah, can't use both unfortunately. Just picked up the class brown Quoddy bluchers with my 20% coupon, should be a nice springtime shoe when I don't feel like putting my boots on.

These will be my next cop for sure. Once I get a pair of these and some Indys I will be set for life...

phaseshift

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imposter2012
Did you get your regular size or one size down? Just curious.

Dude, just got the fireman hoodie on sale!

I'm usually a medium but I sized down to a small, medium looked too boxy. No need to get it too loose here in socal as it doesn't get cold enough to layer.

doublemazaa

Reaction score
Here's a 20% off coupon: FLPR9AUW8

It says it's good until the 13th. It's 11:05 here on the west coast. Not sure what time zone they're using.

yesssir

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the regulation peacoat in person?

imposter2012

Reaction score
So just ordered a fireman hoodie. What's everyone's opinion on this item? Just curious.

Guus

Reaction score
So just ordered a fireman hoodie. What's everyone's opinion on this item? Just curious.

I have it in medium. Very comfortable, cool and I've gotten plenty of positive complements on it. Also, looks fly over a red shirt.

imposter2012

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Guus
I have it in medium. Very comfortable, cool and I've gotten plenty of positive complements on it. Also, looks fly over a red shirt.
Is it sized correctly/true-to-size? I bought a small in the sherpa hoodie this year and it was smidge too tight when I finally wore it with a long-sleeve henley. I opted for the medium for a more comfortable fit. Thanks for the feedback.

triumphman

Reaction score
I'm currently looking into purchasing some trousers, but don't know how the fit is.

looking for the same fit as the "urban slim fit" and looking at the ludlow suit pants...anyone care to chime in how these suit pants fit?

Much appreciated, thanks!

Guus

Reaction score
Is it sized correctly/true-to-size? I bought a small in the sherpa hoodie this year and it was smidge too tight when I finally wore it with a long-sleeve henley. I opted for the medium for a more comfortable fit. Thanks for the feedback.

I thought it was a bit tight for a medium but I was wearing a button-down shirt under it. I would say it fits just right.

rdgn123

Reaction score
i1500172_screen-shot-2011-01-21-at-friday-january-21-11.45.44-pm.png
anybody see this hoodie in store? i don't see it online.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads