• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaio

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
^excellent

we will get some exquisite food and drink

bounce2.gif

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every time I read an AR6 or Fuuma post I get even more confused than I already am. Are we supposed to wear clothes for attention or to blend in? Either my reading comprehension is low or they're just too fancy to say ''I just don't like how that looks''.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CrazyJew
How popular is Unibroue right now? I always thought it quirky that I was the only one who enjoyed la fin du monde down here, mostly because no one has ever heard of it; but then again, I hear it popping up now and again on forums, and in your hands snake.
fistbump.gif

either way, I had two of those tonight since it was hospitality night (half off the whole bar yay!) and then I tried unibroue's apple Efemier (sp?) as well. the taste was interesting at first, but got a bit tiresome halfway through. In spite of that, it still tasted 10x better than any other fruit beer I've had. Unibroue is truly the ****.

I wasn't aware of them until synth recommended them to me recently. I really liked the maudite so I've been trying out their other offerings. Been continually impressed.

CrazyJ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
I wasn't aware of them until synth recommended them to me recently. I really liked the maudite so I've been trying out their other offerings. Been continually impressed.

If you like golden ales like LFDM, a couple others to try would be Chimay yellow label (which you've probably had undoubtedly, really common blonde) and red brick blonde (which I'm not sure if it's produced outside the southern united states). Also one that gets a lot of attention up north is calabaza by jolly pumpkin.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
2) That MC contest is like the worst they've ever had, bar Aeglus. I should have put that cloak fitpic in and tried to claim it was some sort of suit coat.

Why didn't you? I was, seriously, hoping for some input from this side of the forum. (Aeglus and Moo were in, of course, but they come there more often.)

tommyrt

Reaction score
Happy Valentines Day. Haven't seen my Valentine for 2 months, she's in another country
cry.gif
17621215048866367861672.jpg
17627215043986245861672.jpg
17249315048496358611672.jpg

Totino

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
On a positive note - well done for having the balls to post a fit
On an okay note - the top half on it's own doesn't look too bad
On a less positive - the bottom half looks grim on it's own
On a negative note the two halves have no harmony and the contrast looks really bad.

Thanks for the comment. What would you recommend for pants?

darkknight

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CBrown85
Every time I read an AR6 or Fuuma post I get even more confused than I already am. Are we supposed to wear clothes for attention or to blend in? Either my reading comprehension is low or they're just too fancy to say ''I just don't like how that looks''.

+1. that's exactly what it sounds like to me.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
tommy, it looks like you wrote that in blood

my coworkers just asked who you killed to send that valentine

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
This is another thing, I often think you stay in your comfort zone (idiosyncratic comfort zone but no less a comfort zone for that) and just say things like this as some sort of defense mechanism. No one can really criticize you for being tacky, gaudy, over the top or tasteless or other things that have been hurled in your direction for fits over time because "yeah I know it is, that's why I like it". Ie, there's a certain confidence to be gained from knowing that, no matter what you put on, how you dress is so far out of step with any recognizable aesthetic that no one has a frame of reference to be able to say you're doing it right or wrong. In light of which I have this occasional, cynical suspicion that you're unwilling to try other stuff not because you don't want to but because it's actually possible to do them badly. But this time I actually am making assumptions and attributing things to you that may be false, it's just how responses like this come off to me.

I am not really trying to convince you to do anything because time has shown that to be pretty much futile, I just think you could probably be doing more and I imagine it would be rewarding, not just for people like me who like to see interesting fits in here but probably for you too.

I actually don't disagree that I have a comfort zone I like to stay inside of. It's not so much I am scared of doing things badly as it is that I know what I like here, and I'm worried to spend a lot of money on an aesthetic that I may end up not liking. So, if I naturally become so interested in moving in a different direction that I don't mind laying down cash for Ann D or whatever, cool. But I'm not there right now. I'd rather keep buying things that I know I like and can build on/work into my wardrobe.

Thanks for the discussion, it was interesting.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Totino
Thanks for the comment. What would you recommend for pants?

If you're after something to fit with the top half of your fit try some slim fit flannels or chinos. Uniqlo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads