• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
please don't use that audio

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IT'S A QUARTER AFTER ONE, I'm a little drunk and I need you now!!!!!!11111

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dre looks about 60.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
**** i hate this talentless vapid waste of space
Lady Gaga? She's a totally fabricated caricature for marketing purposes and I can't say much for her writing ability but I don't think she's talentless.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You think so? Have you ever seen what her concerts look like? No way that **** is cooked up by scheming music corporation goons (do these even still exist? must have extremely limited imagination). also her music videos. dude.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That you're wrong.

I'm burnt out from the swarms of corny white girls I know that try to model aspects of their lives and personality after Gaga, but even I can't overlook there's some real ingenuity happening with the character and her live spectacles.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol 'totally fabricated caricature for marketing purposes' read to me like 'an invention of big label music moguls' which I just don't think is the case. if you just meant she does the things she does for attention, then sure. Also I'm not debating that her career was jettisoned by major label signage, just that alot of her moves/choices (like her shows and music videos) just don't seem like something a major label would put a pop artist up to. not sure that makes any sense

vthustle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
That you're wrong.

I'm burnt out from the swarms of corny white girls I know that try to model aspects of their lives and personality after Gaga, but even I can't overlook there's some real ingenuity happening with the character and her live spectacles.

What girls are these? I must not get out enough any more, but this sounds completely hilarious to me.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Oh I'm not saying she didn't have a role to play in creating her own persona but I do have to think that there has to be some marketing genius behind it all. If I'm wrong then more power to her I guess because damned if it wasn't successful.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
lol 'totally fabricated caricature for marketing purposes' read to me like 'an invention of big label music moguls' which I just don't think is the case. if you just meant she does the things she does for attention, then sure. Also I'm not debating that her career was jettisoned by major label signage, just that alot of her moves/choices (like her shows and music videos) just don't seem like something a major label would put a pop artist up to. not sure that makes any sense

Yeah, **** like showing up to the Grammy's in a giant egg (get on Mork's level, ho) is just attention-seeking stuff, which is the element of her character/act I don't care for. But if this whole thing were a complete facade put into motion by music industry big wigs, then we would have seen quite a few similar artists churned out. I don't have my finger on the pulse of pop music these days, but I can't offhand think of any female act all that comparable to Gaga to come down the pike in the last decade or two.

If you want a genuine example of a industry-fabricated success, peep the Bieber. There's nothing inherently interesting or remarkable about him. But he's been marketed perfectly and the success he's enjoying is Gaga-like. It's not genuine, though. It's the sort of production happening on the major label assembly line.

Originally Posted by vthustle
What girls are these? I must not get out enough any more, but this sounds completely hilarious to me.

I've never indulged any of them to explain why they worship Gaga the way they do, but I've pasted together a theory that it's her whole "Be weird. Be independent. Be a fuckin' rock star" persona that appeals to their impressionable sensibilities.

reprehensible

Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
I've never indulged any of them to explain why they worship Gaga the way they do, but I've pasted together a theory that it's her whole "Be weird. Be independent. Be a fuckin' rock star" persona that appeals to their impressionable sensibilities.

There are worse things for impressionable yutes to glom on to.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL. I take it that's not Lady Gaga. It would have been a tight fit inside the egg. I watched it muted because I really don't need any ****** pop music stuck in my head right now, so if it was obvious I missed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads