• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Avengers (05.04.2012)

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by L.R.
Any idea on the villain for the Avengers? Not Galactus, probably not the Skrulls.

Studios had their chance with Galactus and they effed it up. Skrulls would be off the chain though.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Any idea on the villain for the Avengers? Not Galactus, probably not the Skrulls.
Last I heard the signs were pointing to them being Skrulls.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just don't see how you could fit the Skrulls into one movie, especially with so many people already. On the other hand, it'd let each of them showcase their powers. You'd have waves of cannon fodder you could rip through, and the Super-Skrulls to do major battle vs.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They should do the Ultimates version, trying to contain a rampaging Hulk in the midst of an alien invasion. In the end the Hulk ends up helping, etc... etc...

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I just don't see how you could fit the Skrulls into one movie, especially with so many people already. On the other hand, it'd let each of them showcase their powers. You'd have waves of cannon fodder you could rip through, and the Super-Skrulls to do major battle vs.

Shape changing aliens who invade the planet. Seems like perfect summer action movie fodder to me.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
Shape changing aliens who invade the planet. Seems like perfect summer action movie fodder to me.

It sounds good, but some of the heroes are supposed to be replaced, yet we haven't enough backstory to care/know who is important enough to be replaced. I think it'd be a great sequel, like at the end of the movie, show that some S.H.I.E.L.D. director or something is actually an alien. Obvious, but good cliffhanger and sequel set up.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It sounds good, but some of the heroes are supposed to be replaced, yet we haven't enough backstory to care/know who is important enough to be replaced. I think it'd be a great sequel, like at the end of the movie, show that some S.H.I.E.L.D. director or something is actually an alien. Obvious, but good cliffhanger and sequel set up.

Just like G.I. Joe.
laugh.gif

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recently found out about "The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" TV series. Pretty neat. Wonder who the villian for The Avengers film is going to be.

The Justice League is so much better than The Avengers though.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deadly7
Recently found out about "The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" TV series. Pretty neat. Wonder who the villian for The Avengers film is going to be.

The Justice League is so much better than The Avengers though.

Just found it this week ha ha, it's pretty decent. It's primarily a children's show, but still completely watchable.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just found it this week ha ha, it's pretty decent. It's primarily a children's show, but still completely watchable.

I may be too old for cartoons, but this past month I've watched Batman: The Animated Series and Justice League Seasons 1 & 2. Time well spent. Cartoons in the style of comic books (versus things like the new Batman series, etc.) are awesome.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The show really is good. I don't like whoever does the voice for Iron Man, and they made Hawkeye look like some sort of elf, but its got really good plots and a very nice overall story arc. If they can keep this up with season 2, then it'll be in my top 5 for sure.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
The show really is good. I don't like whoever does the voice for Iron Man, and they made Hawkeye look like some sort of elf, but its got really good plots and a very nice overall story arc. If they can keep this up with season 2, then it'll be in my top 5 for sure.

I read on Wikipedia that the show is in hiatus? Are they just drawing the next episodes? I'm overall not a fan of the Marvel-verse in general, with a few exceptions (X-Men, Iron Man, Spiderman). To me it seems like half of the Avengers' victories in the TV series are based off pure luck. None of them is really a must-watch character, such underdeveloped personalities. The Hulk-Thor banter was great for the few seconds it lasted, though.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deadly7
I read on Wikipedia that the show is in hiatus? Are they just drawing the next episodes? I'm overall not a fan of the Marvel-verse in general, with a few exceptions (X-Men, Iron Man, Spiderman). To me it seems like half of the Avengers' victories in the TV series are based off pure luck. None of them is really a must-watch character, such underdeveloped personalities. The Hulk-Thor banter was great for the few seconds it lasted, though.
I have no idea about the hiatus. At the end of S1 they introduced
Skrulls
so I figured they'd be hard at work on S2 already. Yeah, none of the individual characters are that interesting, and the fights can be a bit weak, but its aimed at kids and can't really show too much violence. For what it is, I think its pretty damn good.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The newest Avengers cartoons are pretty good, I like how the stories from episode to episode tie to each other and eventually lead to a bigger story. Art-wise, I still hate the kiddish style. I want the old XMen or SpiderMan or the Noir style of Batman back. Marvel animated movies did it well with the Ultimate Avengers animated film but these new ones just sucks. Like the Teen Titans reminded me too much of Saturday cartoon like Freakazoid or Animaniacs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads