• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i dont know why i am still reading this

Thread.jpg

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RegisDB9
Actually yes I am. English is my second Language also (working on my 3rd). I really don't know what the hell you are talking about with expressionism and all that so I can't argue. All I am saying is a style of clothing should not be making you "repugnant" because at the end of the day do your clothes REALLY say everything about you?

Your clothes and you in it say if you're dressed well or not. I think my use of expressionism and formalism were properly explained in the post, if you need some additional information I suggest reading a little bit about art, not knowing what "formalism" means is roughly the equivalent of not knowing what capitalism is. You know that much about economics so learn the very basics of art criticism and aesthetics. If you're not ready to do that much why would anyone care about what you think REGARDING AESTHETICS. I'm not judging you on other topics, not judging your character either.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
It is "sookie" and it is a reference to true blood and was put there by a moderator to make fun of me for dressing like a vampire this one time. Wanna fight about it?

No but for serious I couldn't recall which newb posted that but if it was you, trust me, you are FAR from the first to do so.

Ha! Blame that one on my iphone.

Cacatfish

Reaction score
It's interesting how many people who eschew the prep look will readily appropriate military inspired fashions, which are like the definition of stagnant, statist and aesthetically limited. What gives?

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
the gaudy chain with the ornaments serving no particular purpose besides flash

Will try to have some outfit discussion, haha ... I actually meant to discuss this, but people here wear things simply for the sake of ornamentation all the time. Is Kunk's dick so large that he needs a 50" rise? Does mellow have some type of psoriasis that requires him to wear his clothes just slightly loose enough as to not irritate his delicate skin? No hate to either of these two -- they're both great -- and it's fine if you think the chain is gaudy and tacky, it is. I just find that "it's just for aesthetics/ornamentation!" a really lame argument to make when discussing style. Sometimes it's more subtle -- such as mellow's case, where his "anti-fit" works for him -- other times it's less subtle -- such as a drop crotch -- and sometimes it's screaming loud, like a bunch of chains with dangling metal cubes.

Doing something for aesthetic value only should not be considered a negative.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by noobizor
Please explain why we should live (or that SF should operate) according to your own subjective standards. And poorly-thought-out standards, I'd argue. Those connotations are extremely outdated. It's like saying we should not use certain words because of their Old English meanings. It's like the dippy grad student who eschews khakis because of they're like, military, and like, a symbol of the patriarchy...man.
Because lighting will come down from heaven and strike you down. How ******* stupid are you? I'm arguing for taste and what I find of value and not of value regarding the aesthetics of clothes. It's a clothing forum, I'm not forcing anyone to agree with me. This is a place to discuss style, clothes, shopping, whatever and I'm discussing it. I have opinions on things, backed by a certain knowledge and background and I share it. Did you think I was about to send the fashion police to shoot you down because you dress like ****? This isn't the www.letsdebatechildmolestation.com forum. No children will be hurt if you don't agree with me, the world will merely stay a little less stylish.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
MC did a jeans/sportcoat contest in case you came to this thread looking for pictures and felt disappointed: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=224944
Jesus, what an inevitably disastrous challenge concept that one was. I'd much rather
lurker[1].gif
& read this. Much more entertaining than past "Pop your collar brah you look like a ***" crew vs. "Why can't you appreciate my artistic sensitivities regarding clothing" crew throwdowns.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
I'm arguing for taste and what I find of value...
Not very profitably, is what I've been saying. Or do you think equating those who wear rugby shirts to rapists is a good way to go about it? EDIT: Please don't take this to mean people aren't interested in your ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads