• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Incotex vs Mabitex vs Vestium Officina

Bellum

Reaction score
Would someone kindly explain the relationship between these brands. I see them lumped together in B&S all the time and I'm probably not the only one confused by it.

tjc4golf

Reaction score
They're all quality pants and all sold at Daffy's cheaply enough that it is worth peoples' time to buy and resell on B&S.

Incotex makes pants. Mabitex makes pants. Vestium Officina is a brand. I do not beleive VO makes any pants. I know that some of the VO pants are made by Mabitex but there may be other makers as well.

harburn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bellum
Would someone kindly explain the relationship between these brands. I see them lumped together in B&S all the time and I'm probably not the only one confused by it.

See attached link.

http://www.vestiumofficina.it/

Relevant extract from press release.

MABITEX - VESTIUM OFFICINA
joint venture partnership with:

CROSA MOREL TEXTIL

PANT, JEAN AND SPORTSWEAR PRODUCTION
MADE IN MOROCCO

Mabitex was founded in 1963, in Cherasco, Northern Italy, and has established its brand in Italy, and internationally, during the past 44 years, as one of the leading vertical manufacturers in the Italian luxury pant business.

It is a privately held company, employing 80 people, within its vertical unit of 120,000 square feet, The structure is currently undergoing renewal and upgrade of its production facility and offices.

Since 1991, Mabitex has established a partnership with Wild Fashion, for the production of high end garments: formal pants, casual pants and jackets ( washed / garment dyed ) and jeans.
Wild Fashion maintains more than 50% of its production for Mabitex's requirements.

The CEO of Wild Fashion is of Italian origin, and lives in Morocco with his family.

In 1996, he established a buying, styling and production office called Crosa Morel Textil, based in Casablanca, with a staff of 50 people.

Crosa Morel Textil offers the following services:

Research of new fabrics and treatments
Prototype design and production
Sample garment production
Production assistance within local factories
Quality control
Logistics, shipping, invoicing and accounting

Mabitex, Wild Fashion and Crosa Morel Textil are linked by special agreements wherein Mabitex, besides being a partner and a client, has exclusive access to the entire group's structure, through Crosa Morel Textil. Mabitex also provides its specialized Italian technicians for product development and control, who visit the production facilities regularly to supervise manufacturing and production. Our expertise is to maintain the Italian aesthetic, and guarantee product quality and reliability.

Bellum

Reaction score
So is there a substantial difference between Inco- and Mabi- tex in quality, fit?

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
i found my mabitex pants of great quality. the wool ones made by italian very much so, but even the romania made ones are very excellent. the cotton ones are very well made and luxurious and with a very slim fit.

the incos are great on the wool, but for cotton and /or wool made in romania i have found it to be sort of lacking. decent, but not that much better than what you find in regular mid level dept stores like macys.

just my experience

withstyle

Reaction score
I have a nice pair of Incotex Sartoriale charcoal wool pants... I also have 4-5 pairs of the "made in Romania" Mabitex in flannel and plain wool that I bought on B&S. I paid $150 for the Inco Sartoriale, and b/t $90-$125 per pair for the Mabitex with tags cut

Best "construction" and highest quality wool is on the Inco Sartoriale. Best fit, by far, are the Mabitex - and the construction is very good too. I would say they are a much better value then the Inco Sartoriale. Don't get me wrong - I like having both and would probably pick up another pair of Inco Sartoriale if presented the chance. But with Mabitex available at ~$100 per pair on the forums I wouldn't consider paying over $150. And let's not even get into the rise on the Inco Sartoriale... even after two rounds of tailoring they still droop down much lower than I would like. The only tailoring needed on the Mabitex was to finish the hem.

As an aside, I also have 2 pair of more casual, cotton Incotex pants and I would say they are much nicer than the "average" pants you would get at a department store like Macy's. Of course, I didn't pay full retail for them or I might be more critical. and just my opinion - I admit I don't have a lot of experience with more casual pants.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen a variety Incotex and Mabitex at Daffy's. I presume the lesser quality ones are at Daffy's for a reason. Regardless, every Incotex and Mabitex I've seen in a fabric other than cotton have been very nice. You just have to be careful with the cotton ones. My overall experience with Mabitex is a lot more varied than Incotex but lately all of the Mabitex I've seen are great. I've noticed that Mabitex tends to run slightly slimmer on the waist than the listed size.

Both brands have many different fits but are usually slimmer than anything you can find at a store like Macy's. From what I've seen of both brands of cotton pants, they are vastly better than anything I've ever seen at Macy's.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by withstyle
I have a nice pair of Incotex Sartoriale charcoal wool pants... I also have 4-5 pairs of the "made in Romania" Mabitex in flannel and plain wool that I bought on B&S. I paid $150 for the Inco Sartoriale, and b/t $90-$125 per pair for the Mabitex with tags cut

Best "construction" and highest quality wool is on the Inco Sartoriale. Best fit, by far, are the Mabitex - and the construction is very good too. I would say they are a much better value then the Inco Sartoriale. Don't get me wrong - I like having both and would probably pick up another pair of Inco Sartoriale if presented the chance. But with Mabitex available at ~$100 per pair on the forums I wouldn't consider paying over $150. And let's not even get into the rise on the Inco Sartoriale... even after two rounds of tailoring they still droop down much lower than I would like. The only tailoring needed on the Mabitex was to finish the hem.

As an aside, I also have 2 pair of more casual, cotton Incotex pants and I would say they are much nicer than the "average" pants you would get at a department store like Macy's. Of course, I didn't pay full retail for them or I might be more critical. and just my opinion - I admit I don't have a lot of experience with more casual pants.

Originally Posted by musicguy
I've seen a variety Incotex and Mabitex at Daffy's. I presume the lesser quality ones are at Daffy's for a reason. Regardless, every Incotex and Mabitex I've seen in a fabric other than cotton have been very nice. You just have to be careful with the cotton ones. My overall experience with Mabitex is a lot more varied than Incotex but lately all of the Mabitex I've seen are great. I've noticed that Mabitex tends to run slightly slimmer on the waist than the listed size.

Both brands have many different fits but are usually slimmer than anything you can find at a store like Macy's. From what I've seen of both brands of cotton pants, they are vastly better than anything I've ever seen at Macy's.

+1

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've found that slim fit cotton Incos (nut-huggers for the fatties, nice and slim for the reg folk) are trimmer than the slimmest cotton Mabitex in the same size.

aq81

Reaction score
very informative thanks as i have been intresting in buying inco or mabitex

sellahi22

Reaction score
IME Incotex is on a completely different level compared to Mabitex. The construction quality, fabric, and detailing of both their heavy cotton and chino lino lines are on par with Borrelli, Rota, etc. Mabitex just feels cheap/flimsy in comparison. Now that Daffy's isn't stocking incos anymore I have been tempted to throw down full MSRP for them, but the $400 price tag is a little tough to swallow.

lexmann

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sellahi22
IME Incotex is on a completely different level compared to Mabitex. The construction quality, fabric, and detailing of both their heavy cotton and chino lino lines are on par with Borrelli, Rota, etc. Mabitex just feels cheap/flimsy in comparison. Now that Daffy's isn't stocking incos anymore I have been tempted to throw down full MSRP for them, but the $400 price tag is a little tough to swallow.

+1

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sellahi22
Now that Daffy's isn't stocking incos anymore I have been tempted to throw down full MSRP for them, but the $400 price tag is a little tough to swallow.

Daffy's may have had the best selection of Incos, but they aren't the only place to get them discounted. Also, doesn't Inco make certain lines of Faconnable's trousers?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads