• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to get flat front shorts

easy_golfing

Reaction score
Can anybody recommend where to find some shorts? I'm looking for flat front, simple shorts. Nothing with any extra pockets or fancy patterns or anything. Just a solid colored, flat front pair of shorts that sits just above the knees. Everything these days is too patterned or too baggy. Trying to keep it under $50 or so.

I checked out Bonobos but their shorts seem to sit a little too much above the knee for me.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

awxg

Reaction score
You're better off buying some Mabitex, etc. and getting them tailored into shorts.

escheriff

Reaction score
Originally Posted by easy_golfing
Can anybody recommend where to find some shorts? I'm looking for flat front, simple shorts. Nothing with any extra pockets or fancy patterns or anything. Just a solid colored, flat front pair of shorts that sits just above the knees. Everything these days is too patterned or too baggy. Trying to keep it under $50 or so.

I checked out Bonobos but their shorts seem to sit a little too much above the knee for me.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

GAP, J Crew, Polo, Vineyard Vines, Southern Tide

Southern Tide tends to be a trim fit and are well-made: http://store.southerntide.com/produc...horts-1011.cfm

Polo's Prospect short is another staple in my wardrobe, but I would advise against wearing shorts with a tie, sweater, or blazer unless you want to look like an asshole (at least here in the south):

pPOLO2-2458933_standard_v360x480.jpg
http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...entPage=family

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
J Crew. Lands End Canvas. LL Bean Signature.

easy_golfing

Reaction score
I like the Lands end and the Polo shorts. How is Lands End quality? I don't want something that'll be shoddy looking after a few months.

DandySF

Reaction score
For a trip to Hawaii I recently picked up a pair of shorts from J. Crew. They're slim and flat fronted. Today I saw some good looking shorts from Vince.

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brooks Brothers. I like their non-iron shorts.

easy_golfing

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bleachboy
Brooks Brothers. I like their non-iron shorts.

I like the Brook Brothers shorts, but they're a little pricey. Do they go on sale?

silvere2

Reaction score
Originally Posted by escheriff
GAP, J Crew, Polo, Vineyard Vines, Southern Tide

Southern Tide tends to be a trim fit and are well-made: http://store.southerntide.com/produc...horts-1011.cfm

Polo's Prospect short is another staple in my wardrobe, but I would advise against wearing shorts with a tie, sweater, or blazer unless you want to look like an asshole (at least here in the south):
pPOLO2-2458933_standard_v360x480.jpg
http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...entPage=family

frown.gif
Sometimes when its a bit chilly out, and I'm wearing shorts in the house, I'll throw on a sweater to make a quick grocery store run.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads