• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lifestyle shot - at Lincoln Center for fashion week
HkwPw.jpg

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
x2kwli.jpg
b4xk4k.jpg

Originally Posted by lmaozedong
IMG_0845.jpg

Love the bless coat, I need to get myself a long coat.
Originally Posted by mellowfellow
5439829607_25eafe7f90_z.jpg
[/SPOILER]

Like the layering but oc shoes seem out of place.
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
dsc01676lh.jpg
[/SPOILER]

I don't mind the pins, and the fit looks good without the jacket. Coat would be better for a casual look no?
Originally Posted by ManofKent
20110213_main.jpg
Happy birthday big guy, you've aged well. And +1 on the scarf.
Originally Posted by PinkPantser
110213a.jpg
Love the hair!

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
I think a lot of the objections stem from this being one of the more extreme fits you've posted. Drop an accessory or two, swap the shirt for an asymmetrical tee and/or throw on some outerwear - you've had some great outerwear in the fits I've seen - and it wouldn't ruffle so many feathers.

The shoes are fantastic, and the bag looks good. The sum total of everything else is just a little extreme.

Well the objections weren't very abnormal compared to what I usually hear here, and honestly I don't think the outfit is too extreme for my own contexts, but I do appreciate the feedback anyway
smile.gif

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RegisDB9
Actually I think it's respected, by me at least, because people suppress what they want and conform to what society deems acceptable kind of like people here telling someone that their shoes suck and to get some trickers or whatever and they go right out and buy it. Even if I had his style, I would not put one foot outside dressed like that becuase I know it would immediately make people think I am *** or a trany, however you look at it, takes balls/ovaries to wear that ****

You do realize that most subcultural teenage clothing styles are about shocking the (adult) world at large and showing belonging to a specific group? That uncontrol adopt some sort of whatever thefuckitis (prob glam rock, punk etc) uniform all garbled through the lense of Japanese and anime culture then further distorted by his own limited comprehension of it (he's white, not in japan, probably doesn't speak Japanese etc) and personal taste doesn't make it that exceptional an endeavor.

Unc: The last outfit could benefit from better colour cohesion; I'd switch the khaki strappy tee for a black one to go with the high tops, bag etc. Best would be white tee and short, black jacket IMHO, would def match the rest...

Another alternative would be a hairy mohair sweater, either black or with very wide black and white stripes.

Something like this (just the jumper, not the rest of the outfit)
marni-Mens_Fall2010-15.jpg

Pale pants with dark isn't exactly kosher but it can work. If you wanna keep the tank find some white boots or something...

gastarbeider

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
that said, i don't take criticism to heart when it comes from boo/apc/clarks dudes. but there's not many of them here (anymore)
you do realize that your wardrobe choices are just as unique as theirs, right?

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
IMG_0549.jpg

eh.gif

Nice sweater. Your jeans/posture is making you look like you have child bearing hips though. There is a 50% it camera angle/posture so no definite opinion here but otherwise a dif cut of pants would def get rid of that problem.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gastarbeider
you do realize that your wardrobe choices are just as unique as theirs, right?
In what sense? Let us suppose that Uncontrol-like style is MORE common then clarksdb/whatever/yawn-style, would it be any less logical that a guy dressed like uncontrol would not care much about feedback from people dressed in that oh-so-rare clarksdb look? I mean in addition to the wild differences in appearance and references/inspirations the clarksdb brigade on sf is very often pontificating about timeless style in a way that would make anyone put them on ignore. I know not everyone who wears clarksdb is a douchebag but many here are deluded into thinking they are 69-ing James Dean into eternal stylishness. Meanwhile most of us age, relate to a society that transforms and change outlooks as we face diff experiences, very often our wardrobe/look changes as well.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
hah you love big fuzzy sweaters

kwoyeu

Reaction score
so where did all the BoO / APC .... dudes go?
i've compiled measurements of various types of BoO shirts, past-season styles, list of stockists etc. and have been thinking about starting a band 'useful info' thread where things like that can be discussed. but no longer sure about the wisdom of doing that...

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
hah you love big fuzzy sweaters

I tried on this Marni one but I was wearing a cashmere overcoat+silk scarf+flannel suit+french patinated shoes so it looked out of place and I never came back for it. It's pretty ******* dope.

Big fuzzy sweaters like the ones I'm referring too though are more like the punky 80s stapple that might integrate well with Unc. look, not huge "I like it the fashion" sweaters I wear.

I tried searching for one on ebay but here is what I found:
http://cgi.ebay.com/FUZZY-MOHAIR-fet...item2c5ab1f86c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads