• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
happy birthday big mok

Logan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Man I hate how bc uncontrol is a good du everyone feels the need to say the obligatory "not my style but mad respect" type of response. Fuckin happens every time jeezus.

Lol, people are afraid to say they hate it because he will undoubtedly rip into them about their choice of clothes. But if you don't like what he wears, why the **** do you care what he thinks?

I'm not a fan of his clothes but at least he doesn't wear American Eagle or Hollister crap.

Platypus

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Nicelynice: Bless looks great.

Lmaozedong: Bless also looks great. The fit on it is really spot on.

Snowmanxl: Did the pins come with the sweater? I'd leave them for jackets / blazers. They risk making the whole fit look a little affected especially since the rest of it is so casual.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MOK, happy birthday mate. scarf looks good, so do you for 4 decades...
smile.gif

Greylabel

Reaction score
The scarf really ties together that fit MoK. Without it, nothing really stood out. So... Yes Yes Yes!

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
ZO94x.jpg

Glasses: DARTS / Shirt: Grosbec / Jeans: Tornado Mart / Belt: Diavlo / Chain: Grosbec / Sneakers: Diet Butcher Slim Skin / Bag: 5351 Pour les Hommes

Your hair usually has more body which usually helps the fit make sense. Looks too flat here.

Originally Posted by zissou
hells yes. Only 8 more months until I have mine :\\

are you talking about the cardigan? what is it?

Originally Posted by AR_Six
C
an't believe we're still talking about this. Now I shall proceed to not help at all in that regard. No offense Uncontrol you already knew I don't like how you do.

Like I said earlier, he's still Uncontrol. I am absolutely all for taking risks, or developing your own aesthetic (as I'm not sure I would call Uncontrol's deal "risk taking" he just operates within a different comfort zone than others). But you don't get automatic props for developing your own aesthetic if what you develop looks bad. In this instance I like the sneakers and don't mind the bag (surprisingly) but everything else - the too-tight jeans in the cheap looking (is that leopard spot?!) treatment, the gaudy chain with the ornaments serving no particular purpose besides flash, the 3 layer tank top thing in some sort of silly putty green (almost military and totally out of place) with a necklace hanging out (easiest fix, tuck that motherfucker under), the glasses which everyone has harped on, the haircut (hi Kettle what's up)... everything is just... well, Uncontrol. It's "HOLY **** LOOK AT ME" for no other discernible reason.

He's always done his own thing. It's always been terrible. Doesn't change because he's a good dude in general. I like Uncontrol but I don't see how any of you people can like what he wears and if you didn't know him you'd prolly think he was trolling. If you separate the person from the clothes the clothes are still unbelievably campy, overdone, cheesily theatrical, etc. This one is less vampy and more glam rock than usual fare (I can't tell if he's wearing makeup) but it's the same basic problem in a different flavour.

Granted I'd rather he post than not because, snowman effect, something might work at some point by sheer coincidence I guess. And it's better than hollister-jeans-plus-tie guy and "is this dressy casual" guy. In fact, this post is now about noobs: we should probably bump the "Waywt learning thread" and link everyone to it who posts a fit like the 3 above as a general practice, like the general practice of linking special flowers to the pinned thread. Maybe it even should be pinned. I dunno.[/SPOILER]

Yeah, except that some people DO ACTUALLY LIKE HIS FITS.

Originally Posted by lmaozedong
IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0845.jpg

bless
ervell
buttero

stop fighting guys everythings going to be okay
smile.gif
nice, except butteros are a little too bulky here.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by steveoffice
Nothing against unc, but I have put him on ignore long time ago bc I have no interest in his style. It seems that I cant escape peoples discussion of fits though
bored.gif
bored.gif

you put people on ignore just because you don't have the same taste as them? lame. enjoy the echo chamber

Originally Posted by Logan
Lol, people are afraid to say they hate it because he will undoubtedly rip into them about their choice of clothes. But if you don't like what he wears, why the **** do you care what he thinks?

i don't think anyone here is scared of me and if they are they need to re-assess their priorities

that said, i don't take criticism to heart when it comes from boo/apc/clarks dudes. but there's not many of them here (anymore)

Originally Posted by hendrix
Your hair usually has more body which usually helps the fit make sense. Looks too flat here.

it was so windy yesterday haha, hair was much fuller before i left the house

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
I think a lot of the objections stem from this being one of the more extreme fits you've posted. Drop an accessory or two, swap the shirt for an asymmetrical tee and/or throw on some outerwear - you've had some great outerwear in the fits I've seen - and it wouldn't ruffle so many feathers.

The shoes are fantastic, and the bag looks good. The sum total of everything else is just a little extreme.

edit: I like PinkPantster's cardigan. Not so much the jeans.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Platypus
Snowmanxl: Did the pins come with the sweater? I'd leave them for jackets / blazers. They risk making the whole fit look a little affected especially since the rest of it is so casual.
no, theyre separate but i figured the colours meshed. i was thinking of putting some on my outerwear blazer but didnt want to overdo it. maybe just the blazer then..
Originally Posted by RegisDB9
@snowman, I would of done different pants, maybe jeans. Since you did say it's a casual sunday fit the sweat pants look go great with the fit imo
theyre sort of dressy bc its a wool trouser cut in a sweat pant pattern. sort of like luxe sweats.

Knisse

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PinkPantser
weekend lifestyle pic

http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt128/humb1ed/110213a.
ymc, jcrew, levis, alden[/I]

Like this a lot. But that YMC cardigan looks ALOT like some space cardigan from A.P.C that i have been seeking forever. Might need to at look YMC for a similar one [IMG]https://www.styleforum.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
Dull and grey Sunday. Hit the big 40.

Congratulations, MoK! Well done.

How does it feel? Can you still walk, read, smile, live in general?

Less than three months to go for me...

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
Dull and grey Sunday. Hit the big 40.
Not sure about the scarf colour with the rest (yes/no?):
20110213_main.jpg
20110213_buttoned.jpg
20110213_hood.jpg
'Peasant' jacket: Oliver Spencer Jersey LS Polo: MHL LS T: Uniqlo 'Trail Pants': Albam Redwing IR Scarf: Inverallan

The Big Four-Oh today? Happy Birthday! Got mine coming up in four months. Love them shoes. The shirt's color pops, as does the scarf; everything else is somewhat muted. I wonder if the shirt and scarf together are taking up too much of center stage.
Originally Posted by PinkPantser
weekend lifestyle pic
110213a.jpg
ymc, jcrew, levis, alden

Liking the cardigan and UIC posters the most.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads