• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent non-Sartorialist Looks

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Renfield
Coat lapels are cut to wide.

The waistcoat is poor, the 'V' is set to low for that style of waistcoat. IMO

Not fussed about the bottom button being left buttoned. The notion that the bottom button should be left unbuttoned strikes me as the wrong side of pedantic.

Overall, the suit looks like modified RTW and not a bespoke garment.

Material seems like a flannel chalkstripe, which looks fine.

facepalm.gif

Sebastian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Renfield
Whatever you like, and you obviously like crap.

http://www.kraproom.com/pacman/aod/gallery/d/4831-1/this-*******-guy.gif

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
Seems so, and to proffer it as some brightline rule is about as smart as an American claiming that BD collars are the only 'proper' business collars (which I have personally witnessed) - and more so since his vest isn't even clearly cut to leave the last one unbuttoned.

Indeed. I can certainly understand that SF's style ethic is derived from the US/UK/Commonwealth school of thought. Even most of the Asian countries tend to mimic this aesthetic since most of them were erstwhile English colonies.

However, I'm curious to hear from the European members here if their local "rules" conflict with some of these English/American rules. I've heard Manton say that many of them were codified over the course of the 20th century in London, Milan, Naples and New York -- but what about the rest of the countries?

Arguably, I've seen the Swiss dress in a very English/American style, but that could be because a lot of their clients are in the US/UK. But what about the French, Germans, Russians, Dutch etc? Where is their aesthetic derived from, and do they have similar rules?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
That belt
uhoh.gif

..the buttoned jacket stretched beyond its limits, the pants 4 inches below where they are supposed to be.... and so on, and so on...

kcc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by oshinex
What the heck is going on with the left shoulder? Other than that, I like.

Yeah, should be a bit more extension there.

That coat deserves a lighter color trouser and a "fun" tie.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fantastic Mr Foxx
...& the pleated trousers is doing no favours either, IMHO. Simple but nice combination though.

Nice combination but the short tie is a little jarring.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Nice combination but the short tie is a little jarring.
+1. I like the color combo and the individual items.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads