• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which brand do you find the most annoying?

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Klobber
Good point, my complaints regarding Dior will be retracted. Simple logic says - if Dior dont fit, dont buy or complain about them.
You're allowed to complain about anything you want, just complain rationally.
laugh.gif
If the fit is way off for you, the fit is way off. But don't say the brand makes "loud" clothing because it doesn't fit you, you can't really mean that after saying you love the way a lot of it looks and trying to buy pieces.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoldenTribe
But don't say the brand makes "loud" clothing because it doesn't fit you, you can't really mean that after saying you love the way a lot of it looks and trying to buy pieces.

+1, I agree with you. My definition of loud included the notion of fit as well (not just colours, wavy fabrics or designs etc). Conclusion = my bad interpretation of the popular definition of loud.

I actually heard a store rep tell me a pair of slim dark grey pants looked loud on me - reason being the front of the pants bulged my crown jewels out. So I assumed loud applied to fit / silhouette as well. My bad
facepalm.gif

BlueHorseShoe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoldenTribe
You're making this up 100%. There are great, luxe, visibly unbranded, beautifully fitting clothes from every designer listed in this thread at Holt Renfrew right now.

"But that's what I see on the bus" is not the same as "but that's all the brand sells" -- and to conflate these two things, as LOTS of people in this thread have done, is beyond absurd.

Why? If all I see from <name> is obnoxious logo crap, why can't that be grounds for annoying me? So HR sells a nice Gucci shirt. So what, I just saw some golden Gucci sneakers. It's obnoxious and annoying.

The thread is "Which brand you find the most annoying" NOT: "Which brand only makes total ****"

Mountains

Reaction score
TLDR: these guys made an ugly pair of shoes, now I cant shop there any more

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BlueHorseShoe
Why? If all I see from <name> is obnoxious logo crap, why can't that be grounds for annoying me? So HR sells a nice Gucci shirt. So what, I just saw some golden Gucci sneakers. It's obnoxious and annoying. The thread is "Which brand you find the most annoying" NOT: "Which brand only makes total ****"
You're right, if everything you see from the brand pisses you off I guess you're allowed to be pissed off at the brand. What I would have liked to emphasize better is that it's not really the case that a bunch of logoed crap gets dumped on North American department stores and then one boutique in Ukraine gets the three nice runway pieces that were actually produced. There are lots of nice pieces by almost every major brand almost every season. So if you hate them because you see their worst stuff, it's a legitimate reason to hate them, but it's NOT a legitimate basis upon which to state that everything they make is garish crap. It's definitely too bad that the over-branded, aspirational rubbish gets the most visibility.

BlueHorseShoe

Reaction score
Absolutely. It is a shame.

Rosecity

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pvrhye
I hate Zara's tendency to make something almost nice, then add in a ridiculous extra detail like fake leather.

This is so true. I bought a jacket when I visited a Zara in Chicago. Later when I was looking at it, I just kept wondering what the purpose of some of the details were. That's all they were, details, zippers the had no pocket.

I heard the take clothes that don't sell and redesign them. Constantly trying to improve the design.

Rayson

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BlueHorseShoe
Why? If all I see from <name> is obnoxious logo crap, why can't that be grounds for annoying me? So HR sells a nice Gucci shirt. So what, I just saw some golden Gucci sneakers. It's obnoxious and annoying.

The thread is "Which brand you find the most annoying" NOT: "Which brand only makes total ****"

That's the thing. Brands that produce some decent or nearly decent stuff among the truly awful often annoy me even more than ones that produce nothing but crap.

gateslion

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
Kenneth Cole
John Varvatos
Hugo Boss

+1 on the Hugo Boss.

While I generally realize that its kind of unfair and shortsighted to hold a company accountable today for the actions of its owners in the past, I just can't possibly see myself buying Boss, once I learned that the actual Hugo Boss was a straight up, dyed in the wool, card carrying Nazi who used POW slave labor to work in his factories producing uniforms for the SS. Yeah, won't be buying any Boss. Thanks.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugo_Boss#History

Also, affliction and ed hardy, just because they suck and are ugly.

NewYorkBuck

Reaction score
Ken Cole
Versace
A&F - the original owners are rolling over in their graves at what the brand had become.....

gio3969

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gateslion
+1 on the Hugo Boss.

While I generally realize that its kind of unfair and shortsighted to hold a company accountable today for the actions of its owners in the past, I just can't possibly see myself buying Boss, once I learned that the actual Hugo Boss was a straight up, dyed in the wool, card carrying Nazi who used POW slave labor to work in his factories producing uniforms for the SS. Yeah, won't be buying any Boss. Thanks.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugo_Boss#History

Also, affliction and ed hardy, just because they suck and are ugly.

You are honestly citing war affiliations from three generations ago as a reason for not buying a suit. Wow. I really cannot think of a worse reason.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads