• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinger70

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Totino
I feel bad posting this, because everyone else's pictures look so nicely done.. This is the first time I tried to self shoot, so it didn't come out that well. But you get the drift....

clothe.jpg

Gamble Pea Coat
Gai Homme Cardigan
Dr.Tie tie
YSK Dress Shirt
Fossil Watch
Hollister Jeans
Chuck Taylors

I live in Korea... So half of the above are Korean brands.

I find this to be well within the realm of Korean fashion....

This is pretty bad. As someone already mentioned, the tie looks totally out of place with the rest of the outfit. The jeans are so ugly...shapeless and lifeless. Shoes have to go. But you at least seem to be making an effort so read around here and you will learn a ton as most of us have.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
x2kwli.jpg
b4xk4k.jpg
Bless scarf Geller wjk heattech flat head pledge combats
2vxm6h5.jpg
ca4la hat Jenga

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis
ubySr.jpg
9saqO.jpg
Ervell/TOJ/BoO/Ervell/Billkirk(no-vis)/KMW/Loake need to find someplace in my apt with better lighting

ervell hat is oh-so soft, looks great here.
Originally Posted by SPK
Thanks dude. Really liked your last fit. How do you like that new outerwear purchase so far? I think the color is off which is making the toj look different. It's distressed lamb. The pants are 95% cotton 5 % polyurethane
the aspesi is actually really warm up to -10 no wind. i have a small down vest to put underneath for colder days and its all good. still, a toj for the tundra would be nice
devil.gif
Originally Posted by snake
I hope you guys like black
dope. simple lines. ive always liked those boots. mellowfellow, are those the cropped +J pants? layering done right-as usual
teacha.gif

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Yup. Needs moar Wings + Horns.

Originally Posted by Saul Silver
Idk, I like uncontrol's fit. First of all, it takes some balls to wear something like that. Second, those DBSS sneakers are awesome. Third, he's developed his own aesthetic rather than resorting to the same old tired hanes/apc/clarks thing that a lot of people on this forum do.

yah, seriously....unc is obviously the extreme here, but at least hes doing his own thing.

Also, I think uncontrols fit was quite refreshing. I agree that adding the 3rd shirt had a sports bra effect, so I think that has to go.

As for the glasses, WOW. I think they bring out his eyes more (no ****). Plus, they just compliment his hair a lot (love it or hate it). I woulda preferred the sneakers to be loosened as well, everything seems too constrained, but its looking good.

I love the fit overall

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by noobizor
Those glasses with that hair makes it look like he's auditioning for Liza: The Liza Minelli Story or something. Otherwise, how refreshing to see something other than the nth itereation of those affiliate brands.

This is not the first time I've been compared to Liza Minelli and it won't be the last.

Originally Posted by Eason
There's something to be said for putting everything you want on, and then taking one thing off. I would get rid of the glasses, then the necklace, or change bags. With everyone on it just looks too much like a costume, or worse, that you're pretending to be something you're not.

Funny to be accused of pretending to be something I'm not ... anyway, I can't change bags and I love the bag, and I already get the comments re: the necklace and the glasses, haha.

Originally Posted by diamonds
uncltrol - loosen up the laces on your shoes, you look uptight. sag yr jeans, you dont have enough swag. get rid of the glasses, you're not cyclops. ditch the mullet, we already know yr canadian.

also you need at least 10 years of character added to your face.

Can't sag, things have a 20cm rise, I'm almost showing ****** as it is. I'll try loosening the laces on the sneakers though.

Originally Posted by Wupper
It's all too much. Chains, studs, feathers, prints, ... It's beyond tacky.

Good.

Originally Posted by MS007
Uncontrol, are you wearing 3 layers or is the top cut that way?
Looks like a bra. The whole fit would be cleaner without it.

Sneaks and bag are great, however.

Haha the bra comment again ... I don't see it. But it is just one top, so I can't remove a layer.

Thanks for everyone's comments.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saul Silver
Idk, I like uncontrol's fit. First of all, it takes some balls to wear something like that. Second, those DBSS sneakers are awesome. Third, he's developed his own aesthetic rather than resorting to the same old tired hanes/apc/clarks thing that a lot of people on this forum do.
Originally Posted by Lane
yah, seriously....unc is obviously the extreme here, but at least hes doing his own thing. Also, I think uncontrols fit was quite refreshing. I agree that adding the 3rd shirt had a sports bra effect, so I think that has to go. I love the fit overall
Can't believe we're still talking about this. Now I shall proceed to not help at all in that regard. No offense Uncontrol you already knew I don't like how you do. Like I said earlier, he's still Uncontrol. I am absolutely all for taking risks, or developing your own aesthetic (as I'm not sure I would call Uncontrol's deal "risk taking" he just operates within a different comfort zone than others). But you don't get automatic props for developing your own aesthetic if what you develop looks bad. In this instance I like the sneakers and don't mind the bag (surprisingly) but everything else - the too-tight jeans in the cheap looking (is that leopard spot?!) treatment, the gaudy chain with the ornaments serving no particular purpose besides flash, the 3 layer tank top thing in some sort of silly putty green (almost military and totally out of place) with a necklace hanging out (easiest fix, tuck that motherfucker under), the glasses which everyone has harped on, the haircut (hi Kettle what's up)... everything is just... well, Uncontrol. It's "HOLY **** LOOK AT ME" for no other discernible reason. He's always done his own thing. It's always been terrible. Doesn't change because he's a good dude in general. I like Uncontrol but I don't see how any of you people can like what he wears and if you didn't know him you'd prolly think he was trolling. If you separate the person from the clothes the clothes are still unbelievably campy, overdone, cheesily theatrical, etc. This one is less vampy and more glam rock than usual fare (I can't tell if he's wearing makeup) but it's the same basic problem in a different flavour. Granted I'd rather he post than not because, snowman effect, something might work at some point by sheer coincidence I guess. And it's better than hollister-jeans-plus-tie guy and "is this dressy casual" guy. In fact, this post is now about noobs: we should probably bump the "Waywt learning thread" and link everyone to it who posts a fit like the 3 above as a general practice, like the general practice of linking special flowers to the pinned thread. Maybe it even should be pinned. I dunno.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
why don't you tell me what you really think?
OK. tl;dr, point form version. Prologue: no offense, you're a good guy I just don't like your clothes. 1. Your fits are gaudy and that hasn't changed even though you have picked up some good pieces here and there, mostly footwear I guess; 2. This has not changed despite you being here since 2008; 3. Because you're generally a good dude and have been here since 2008 people conflate that with your fit pics and are willing to cut you slack where they wouldn't if you weren't a regular; 4. Your vampy glamour thing could very well be done in a way I would appreciate if toned down about 3 notches; 5. It is still more interesting that some of the crap posted on this page; 6. My bluntness may be the product of annoyance at how bad this thread has been recently outside of people like nicelynice, mellowfellow and synthese.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Uncontrol, Not my style obviously, but I can respect not giving a **** and doing what you want to do. Not many people can do that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads