• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Altenatives to 1stdibs.com

Star

Reaction score
Looking for alternative website or trusted ebay sellers that sell nice items and objects like they do on 1stdibs. I am not sure if they reflect market prices; however, they are awefully expensive.
frown.gif

Star

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mcqueen
1st dibs prices are way above the market. Are you are shopping for mid-century furnishings?
I am particularly fond of Art Deco items (particularly original bronze statues). I also like Scandinavian modern furniture. Even if I could afford the 1stdibs prices; as you have alluded to, I am not sure I want to pay those prices. Unsure where else to look.

Bartolo

Reaction score
Here in Boston we are fortunate to have this store: http://www.machine-age.com/ Ive purchased a few things from them. They, too, are NOT inexpensive. The two Grete Jalk arm chairs I bought had just been reconditioned, and I was able to have them cover the cushions in my choice of Knoll fabrics. Those actually were not too badly priced.

Pantisocrat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Love2Shop2

Reaction score
I would suggest the website http://d-vers.com They are also a bit pricey, and you may not get the kind of deals you will on eBay. Most of the pieces they have, though, are extremely rare, and I have never seen anything like most of them on eBay.

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any other suggestions?

-LR

rubgotavsrs

Reaction score
i agree with you,Most either ship themselves or work with local shippers. Sometimes some sleepers out there.thanks
ca

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics