• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by reprehensible
I want to buy black jeans, and am annoyingly torn between DRKSHDW, black overdye petit standards, black Ande Whalls, or some SelfEdge-ish elaborate overdye thing.

I don't know if this makes a difference - and I don't know if Ande has changed how he dyes them - but the black Ande Whalls I have are sulfur-dyed, and you can kinda smell the sulfur. I don't mind it, but it's something to think about.

A friend of mine always wanted to do shots of Johnny Walker Red at this godawful bar that had the last last call where I went to college (apparently they delayed the clock by 15 minutes every Friday and Saturday night, or something like that).

Stuff tastes like paint thinner. Or at least, it tastes the way paint thinner smells. I'm making an assumption, having huffed copious amounts of paint thinner, but never having drank it.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I was approached and shot by Mordechai from Mr. Mort at the Riviera Club presentation last night. Very cool guy! and the collection was pretty good too. some really cool reverse knits were definitely the highlight for me

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
I don't know if this makes a difference - and I don't know if Ande has changed how he dyes them - but the black Ande Whalls I have are sulfur-dyed, and you can kinda smell the sulfur. I don't mind it, but it's something to think about.

I used to have 3 pair of Simon Miller black stone-washed looking jeans. At a different point, seemingly overnight, each pair started reeking of sulphur to the point that they were unwearable. It first happened when I left a pair in my trunk for a few days in the summer. It was some sort of chemical reaction that released all the sulphur smell at once. I e-mailed SM about this and never heard back. They stopped selling black jeans right around that point. I've been weary to buy any sulphur-dyed jeans now, but so many black jeans are now labeled as such. I've got the Blue Owl Triple Works collab and am hoping they don't suffer the same end.

gastarbeider

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
it's not scotch

?

scotch_tape2a.jpg

Local_Disk

Reaction score
I can't stop this constant urge to throw almost everything out of my closet and start over again, just sticking with minimal and simple but extremely flexible, timeless items.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Local_Disk
I can't stop this constant urge to throw almost everything out of my closet and start over again

I got this urge a few months ago mostly because the majority of my stuff was timeclassicCaryDean-esque.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grandpa died. Flying back to Florida to take care of mom and grandma (airtran has inflight wifi wuuut). Drinking a bloody mary and listening to Kanye. Schneider. Jil. uniqlo black t000. Rafstros.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lolol. i thought that it was 2000 for both at first, which would make it reasonable..

condolences arw, though im not really sure why you're telling us what youre wearing.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every photo posted on Mister Mort makes me cringe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads