• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ dayum.. what model is it and how did you size it? What do you mean when you refer to value? Last I read, kunk was saying that there weren't any discounts to be had on any of the good Rick jackets because they always sell out quickly.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He prob wanted to check if the asking price is on par. Asked kunk if it was too high or something, my guess for value..

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bakatora
first rick.

Such innocence. That's like of like my niece telling me about her "first Happy Meal". From here on out, it's all downhill. Your bank account will go down or your waistline up.

junebugmm

Reaction score
5427659652_27fba3e2fc_z.jpg

first rick.

shoutout to kunk for value and sizing advice!
fistbump.gif

inlove.gif

I got my first RO piece recently and it really makes me want to buy more.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
juliusthieves.jpg

Hope I'm not too fat for this bad boy...**** I dipped into my rainy day funds for this ._.;

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
are you guys finding really good deals on these leathers or just blowing a load of cash ?

bakatora

Reaction score
RFX and snowman answered everything for me
laugh.gif

As for sizing, it's an 08' washed lamb intarsia size Large and I'm ~51. It fits really well. The sleeves are long, so they bunch up a little, but it doesn't bother me.

Originally Posted by BB1
Such innocence. That's like of like my niece telling me about her "first Happy Meal". From here on out, it's all downhill. Your bank account will go down or your waistline up.

This is why I'm glad I live in central california. As long as I keep myself from handling more nice things in person, I can convince myself not to buy.
facepalm.gif

Originally Posted by junebugmm
inlove.gif

I got my first RO piece recently and it really makes me want to buy more.

As long as a stooges in my size doesn't pop up my bank account should be relatively safe
devil.gif
If I ever get myself to socal or ny it's game over.
ffffuuuu.gif

bakatora

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Really cheap Rick leathers don't seem to exist in the usual places. On SZ Juliuses list anywhere from 900 to like 1400. MMM comes up every once in a while in the $500 range. I'm going to guess "load of cash".

The one I got was 850 shipped xpresspost from sufu. I am very pleased I picked it up.

Surfrider

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwoyeu
band waistcoat from rodengray
1-55.jpg
$150

Be careful with that one, sir; you could easily make yourself look like a waiter if you're not. Also: that thing is about 3" too short for the model; lulz.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up a junya coat and blew threw $200 in alcohol the past 2 days, ****. Will post pics in the am.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
The one I got was 850 shipped xpresspost from sufu. I am very pleased I picked it up.
Solid deal sir. I like the jacket. Post a fit pic at some point. I do not like the contrast stitching and buttons on that waistcoat. And I am not against waistcoats in general having recently mulled a geller one myself.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
Picked up a junya coat and blew threw $200 in alcohol the past 2 days, ****. Will post pics in the am.

at least it was quite the weekend I'd bet
t

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
woolrich woolen mills black gray "speckeld" wool scarf. Heavy as ****, feels like an anchor around the neck,

Bergmans pima cotton chinos. Kinda bland, but will work well for "dressed-up in academia" settings.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads