• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Briefcase Appreciation thread

DaBatMan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
2iqnvoo.jpg

That's the shot I've been waiting on. Very nice. I like it.

Fred H.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by changy
Recent purchase from B&S. Navy Valextra
valextra.jpg

Boy that's a GREAT looking case. If you don't mind me asking... What was the price? EDIT: Googled "Navy Valextra" and guess what came up?! ($950? If so, WHAT a deal.)

Diego780

Reaction score
Thank you Style Forum.

I work in Technology, travel 2-3 weeks/month and I am in a sea of ballistic nylon laptop bags.

I have been obsessing and researching over the past 6 months to find a proper leather briefcase that is stylish, functional and exudes excellence in quality and craftsmanship. I didn't anticipate how difficult this would be.

During my journey I came across many leather briefcases and was seriously considering:

- SAB (Westminster Wrap)
- Flison (Leather Field Satchel)
- Walden Bags (Diplomoat)

They all look to be of the highest quality, made by skilled leather artisans and I am sure that I would have been extremely pleased if I had picked any of them.

But I finally made a decision.....

Thanks to Norcal, yfyf, Sangfroid and Mark from Plano for your recommendation to Glaser Designs.

I just pulled the trigger and have placed an order for a 5"deal bag in their burnished Chestnut saddle leather, which I feel will age best and is a perfect balance for size between being my travel and "day to day" bag. Looking forward to see what 3-5 years on the road will add to it's character.

Spoke to both Myron and Kari and they are both first class.

Myron took the time to go through my needs, went into specific detail about the process of tanning high-quality leather and the color (Vegetable tanned, it gets darker with age).

According to Myron, it's going to take 4-5 weeks to build, and I am crossing the days off on my calendar - the anticipation is killing me!!!!

I will post pics as soon as I receive it for everyone to view.

Can't wait!!!!!!!

Also, if any existing owners of the 5" deal bag can provide their personal experience/feedback or pics....it would be much appreciated.

Diego.

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by earthdragon
SAB - Part of my haul from a couple hours in London on Saturday!

zssmcp.jpg

Originally Posted by changy
Recent purchase from B&S. Navy Valextra

valextra.jpg

Both are awesome looking. Nice purchases gentlemen.

-LR

changy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fred H.
Boy that's a GREAT looking case. If you don't mind me asking... What was the price?

EDIT: Googled "Navy Valextra" and guess what came up?! ($950? If so, WHAT a deal.)

Thank you for your compliment, I bought it from PocketCircle for $850.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 888style
Upper right???

Brompton1.jpg
it is called Brompton from G&G

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads