• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns S/S 2011

nonissue

Reaction score
that heritage research jacket looks nice, as do those sneakers.

kraig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
Awesome. Thanks for the info.

Await with bated breath.
drool.gif

Yes, for me, in the mid Atlantic - Roden takes a particularly long time. However it's beyond their control. It's shipped Canada Post (?) and sits at the CA/US border at the mercy of those customs inspectors. It enters into the US at a bad port being there's probably about 200 lbs of BC buds moving across the border every day, along with my W+H terry loop blanket. My personal average shipping time from order to delivery is 2 to 2.5 weeks. You can get a pair of shoes Fedexed from Sweden (from TBS for example) overnight but a parcel from our frangs up north just takes a bit longer (different shipping service, granted - though similar s&h cost)
satisfied.gif

Did you get the blanket?

lintag

Reaction score
Any info on the S/S 11 Olive Cargo Field Pants? Have they dropped anywhere and what's the retail on them?

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those field pants look to be the same fabric as the ventile field pant from ss'10. Like that fabric a lot. Really does wick moisturize right off. And you can wear them a few times without having to launder them in between (sometimes necessary in the summer...) on another note, I got some new sweats from blackbird. This year got brave and decided to go TTS with a small instead of the normal safe size up, M. Get the package from BB, see they've mislabeled the attached tag versus w+h marked size and they're in fact an XS
wow.gif
So even though they're sold out in most sizes everywhere, when they pop back up in new places, I would say go your real size due to how much give there is in the fabric. I went from a M (though did fit a tad big) last year to a XS this year...and am within 5 lbs of myself last year - no change in waist size, etc :-S BUT...wow, again, there is a lot of stretch in this terry loop stuff. So much so that i'm not returning 'em and I'm sitting here wearing a damn pair of XS sweats and the fit is spot on. Beware if you order the listed pair of XS on BB you could end up with the S being looks like their labels got switched.
Originally Posted by kraig
Did you get the blanket?
Sorry for the late reply. Yes, I did get it. Normal time frame for me 2 to 2.5 weeks. Always caught up at USPS customs..

Edd

Reaction score
Those field pants look to be the same fabric as the ventile field pant from ss'10. Like that fabric a lot. Really does wick moisturize right off. And you can wear them a few times without having to launder them in between (sometimes necessary in the summer...)

any idea how these size up around the waist? TTS? or are they labeled S, M, L etc.

twdawson

Reaction score
Any stores / Anyone here have the W+H Corded Cloth Navy in a Sz 30 or 31? Picked these up earlier in the wrong size. Managed to sell them / cut my losses...but the fabric is just so amazing! [ Apologies if this is an inappropriate post for the thread--gotta stay in the hunt
smile.gif
]

Local_Disk

Reaction score
The Corded Navy pants are awesome, but God damn do they attract a lot of dirt/dust/hair. They're really hard to clean off and maintain.

DenimFreak411

Reaction score
Looking to buy the large loop terry hoodie in L. Anyone know where I can get this size?

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edd
any idea how these size up around the waist? TTS? or are they labeled S, M, L etc.
These should fit big per normal with w+h, but not as much as the west point chinos and others. Maybe a 1/2-1" big in the waist versus even larger inconsistencies between tagged vs. actual. Most people should be safe to size down 1 waist size (edit; 2.12.11 - this is pure speculation on sizing based on last years field pant in same fabric. Keep reading thread...) . Note these will probably have two different inseam options (waist sizes 28-33" with [guessing] a 30"-31.5" inseam while the 34+ waists may have a 33" inseam or so.
Originally Posted by Local_Disk
The Corded Navy pants are awesome, but God damn do they attract a lot of dirt/dust/hair. They're really hard to clean off and maintain.
I've got them coming :-/ No pets here, but I'm sure they'll find every bit of lint and what I thought was non existant dog hair. Cool pants tho - really love the cords I have in khaki! They wear likes jeans while also being work appropriate (biz cas, east coast) so they're a nice option for me personally with that considered. Need one of those mega-sized lint rollers
smile.gif
Originally Posted by DenimFreak411
Looking to buy the large loop terry hoodie in L. Anyone know where I can get this size?
Yes, in black, size large here heathered olive in size large here Other thoughts... -- Hope the shorts offering isn't just the field pant cut off at the knee. By the look book, appears to be the case. -- Fingers crossed they're doing some sweat shorts too. -- Hope that look book hoodie in red/salmon won't be a Japanese only release -- The contrast polos will be big and sell fast. (IC: on SS'10 white with red gingham collar, medium, basically new). -- Thinking the big show of SS11 will be the black cotton/linen blend (almost chambray looking) light-weight pants with cinched back. They look super breezy and cool... -- Hope to see some basic cotton tees without the X front stitching which to me is a symbol of autumn and winter. Last, for anyone interested to see, these are the new sweats in size extra small. As people are waiting on stock/restock, I suggest considering sizing down with the new terry loop fabric which is ultra-stretchy. As I said above, in 2010 I got a medium. In 2011 I got an XS...(don't want to screw up people's sizing thoughts, but just reporting my experience....)
f3b06acb.jpg

DenimFreak411

Reaction score
Hey,

I've look at those places and they don't have the color I want: heather charcoal. Only two places, to my knowledge, had them, Roden Gray and Blackbird...However only RodenGray had Large. I hate it you order something in your size and they don't genuinely have it instock....Rodengray persists with that problem.

Anywhere else that may sell the color I want? Hmm.

Thanks

guyferguson

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edd

The Bush Pants come in normal waist sizes and it looks like they will retail for $273. The fabric is listed as 100% cotton Japanese Slub Selvedge and will be available in Navy and Olive. There is a Bush Short as well, with the same front cargo pockets.

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
want that red hoodie bad

guyferguson

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
Other thoughts...

-- Hope the shorts offering isn't just the field pant cut off at the knee. By the look book, appears to be the case.

-- Fingers crossed they're doing some sweat shorts too.

-- Hope that look book hoodie in red/salmon won't be a Japanese only release

-- The contrast polos will be big and sell fast. (IC: on SS'10 white with red gingham collar, medium, basically new).

-- Thinking the big show of SS11 will be the black cotton/linen blend (almost chambray looking) light-weight pants with cinched back. They look super breezy and cool...

-- Hope to see some basic cotton tees without the X front stitching which to me is a symbol of autumn and winter.

If i remember correctly there are at least half a dozen short options including sweat shorts in large loop terry (archive) and double layered jersey (research). The large loop terry hoody will be available in "burnt orange" (this colour shows up a lot) and then there will be an organic terry crewneck in red. I believe the organic terry is lighter weight and closer to last spring's offerings. Also, there are some tees without the athletic stitching and curved hem, but they have a small moth embroidery on the chest.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Guy_4HM
If i remember correctly there are at least half a dozen short options including sweat shorts in large loop terry (archive) and double layered jersey (research). The large loop terry hoody will be available in "burnt orange" (this colour shows up a lot) and then there will be an organic terry crewneck in red. I believe the organic terry is lighter weight and closer to last spring's offerings. Also, there are some tees without the athletic stitching and curved hem, but they have a small moth embroidery on the chest.

Awesome, thanks for the info, Guy! "Burnt Orange" - can't wait. And approximately 6 shorts options -- nice! Really excited they're going to offer two loungy type shorts as well (sweat shorts and double layered jersey). I'll probably try the jersey for a change of pace. And thanks for the info on the tees, too. Be sure to up date this thread with new arrivals and you know we'll snatch with quickness. Thanks again for taking the time to update us with the latest you've heard.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads