• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by david3558
Awesome - zippyh, that collection is nuts! Take a picture of the whole thing please
tounge.gif

So as far as sizing goes, take US sizing and subtract one to get UK sizing? I've heard the same thing but for 0.5 size as well - don't know what's the general standard.

Originally Posted by zippyh
The general standard is that 9UK=10US or 9.5UK=10.5US, etc.
But that's just in general and YMMV.
I know that's how Barney's translates their C&J sizes.

I contacted C&J regarding the UK sizing on a pair of RL shell boots (the 325 lasted Gifford model). The boots were US 7D per the RL box, and C&J told me that corresponds to a UK 6.5E. C&J has been very helpful when I've contacted them about sizing advice on BB and RL labeled shoes. It's definitely worth it to shoot them an email.

harveyrabbit

Reaction score
Picked up my own pair of the Creamery boots today from Blackbird. They are indeed on the Barrie last. I had a very helpful conversation with one of the BH Leather Soul sales folks that helped me size correctly. Apparently most folks are fairly consistent across both lasts, but I went up a half size in the Barrie and found a much better fit. Pretty thrilled. My Blackbird order took 12 months to fill because of a snafu, but I am happy with the outcome. I preordered the Ultimate Jumper last night so I can have something else to look forward to for the next 6-9 months.
wink.gif

nbernie

Reaction score
Hi Tom,
Any chance you're planning some Ravello longwings? I've got to complete my shell collection!

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nbernie
Hi Tom,
Any chance you're planning some Ravello longwings? I've got to complete my shell collection!

yeah tom anything you can give us on upcoming styles for ravello or whiskey!?!?!?!

HorseHide

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nbernie
Hi Tom,

Alden (not sure if it's SF or DC) has Ravello LWs listed on the website.

racknac

Reaction score
I'm looking for some Ravello or Whiskey shortwings... preferably in a Plaza last.

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by racknac
I'm looking for some Ravello or Whiskey shortwings... preferably in a Plaza last.

I don't think Alden makes Shortwings on the Plaza last. I have seen them on the Tremont last and on the Barrie Last when LS has done a special run.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
yeah tom anything you can give us on upcoming styles for ravello or whiskey!?!?!?!

I axked Tom a week or two ago if he has any whiskey shoes coming out soon and sadly he said no.
frown.gif

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thor
Yes, they are Barrie lasted boots...

..and the perf-band is a nice touch, although I am the only one who will ever see it...and of course, my fine fellow shoe dorks (as my GF calls me (us) ) on SF
smile.gif

Sounds like my fiancÃ
00a9.png
es sentiments as well.

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4
I asked Tom a week or two ago if he has any whiskey shoes coming out soon and sadly he said no.
frown.gif

Sorry guys. I'll be perfectly honest with you. We directly contact people when we get stuff like whiskey, #4, ravello, etc. (Unless it's for a special event such as our grand opening or anniversary, etc.) I wish we could accommodate the general public but we can't.

Renton

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL
Sorry guys. I'll be perfectly honest with you. We directly contact people when we get stuff like whiskey, #4, ravello, etc. (Unless it's for a special event such as our grand opening or anniversary, etc.) I wish we could accommodate the general public but we can't.

Then how does someone get on that list?

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Renton
Then how does someone get on that list?

Length of relationship, amount purchased, if you're a nice person
laugh.gif
, if you actually visited us or are a local customer, etc. All of those things are considered. We have about 5000 customers in our database so it's really hard for us to make everyone happy. Sorry to be so blunt about it.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Was going to get on the pre-order for the wp pebble grain cap toe boots but they may not go through with the order because the demand is lower than other alden offerings. Kinda bummed about it.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL
Length of relationship, amount purchased, if you're a nice person
laugh.gif
, if you actually visited us or are a local customer, etc. All of those things are considered. We have about 5000 customers in our database so it's really hard for us to make everyone happy. Sorry to be so blunt about it.

So chances of me finding cordovans in my size if I randomly go to the BH branch are slim to none, huh? I understand, gotta keep the loyal customers happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads