• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's in your wallet?

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Being a bit of a neat freak I try to carry as little as possible with me to keep the wallet slim. I cant get away with carrying one in my front pocket and I dont wear jackets all the time so I usually have it in the right arse cheek pocket of my strides.

'Breast wallets' (sounds very ****) are out of the question and I never liked the idea of money clips.

Just took an inventory of my wallet, besides carrying a few twenties I have ...

Driving Licence
Motorcycle insurance card
CIGNA health insurance card
ATM card
Personal Mastercard
Corporate AMEX card
AAA card

For black tie events (few and far between) I would reduce it down to Driving Licence and ATM and a few twenties and singles for tips.

Being as I can't be bothered to fiddle around removing things like MC insurance when I'm not riding, or Corporate card when I'm not on the job, is this the minimum that can be carried in everyday life?

andrew96

Reaction score
Not enough.

empty-wallet1.jpg

Mudhiker

Reaction score
Everything related to a specific location (Costco card, Grocery store rewards,...) or activity (Scuba cert, Ski Resort Pass) lives in a leatherette business card case in the glove box of my truck, along with the insurance cards, registration, and warranty stuff. On my person travels my identification, an ATM card, a credit card, and my medical insurance card. Cash, rarely needed, lives in a breast or shirt pocket. Of course this would get more complicated if I operated more than one vehicle.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
il_570xN.80573804.jpg

eMacPaul

Reaction score
I found that I was wearing holes in my pants pockets from my wallet being thick, so I found a slimmer wallet, and started carrying less stuff: DL, medical insurance card, pilot license, airport access card, ATM card, credit card, and half a dozen bills.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ianiceman
Being a bit of a neat freak I try to carry as little as possible with me to keep the wallet slim. I cant get away with carrying one in my front pocket and I dont wear jackets all the time so I usually have it in the right arse cheek pocket of my strides.

'Breast wallets' (sounds very ****) are out of the question and I never liked the idea of money clips.

Driving Licence
ATM card
Personal Mastercard
Corporate AMEX card
AAA card

For black tie events (few and far between) I would reduce it down to Driving Licence and ATM and a few twenties and singles for tips.

Being as I can't be bothered to fiddle around removing things like MC insurance when I'm not riding, or Corporate card when I'm not on the job, is this the minimum that can be carried in everyday life?

In more civilised terms, your right back poocket?

You still have far too much: Apart from the cash, why do you need anything other than the two credit cards?

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Driver's license
Debit card
Credit card
Health & dental insurance cards

That's pretty much it, though I'll throw store-related cards in there when I'm on my way to the store. And a few receipts collect in there until I clean them out.

Cash, when I carry it, goes in the front left pocket. Lip balm in the front right. Keys and phone in the jacket or briefcase as much as possible.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

xudisco07

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
Driver's license
Debit card
Credit card
Health & dental insurance cards

That's pretty much it, though I'll throw store-related cards in there when I'm on my way to the store. And a few receipts collect in there until I clean them out.

This. If you have store credit cards make your wife carry them for you. Or have a separate crappy wallet for those things that you don't need all the time like those store cards. Have an additional insurance card sent to you so you don't have to move that from wallet to wallet

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Driver's liscence, Health Card, Insurance card
Debit card, Visa 1, Visa 2
Starbucks card, Student card

that's it. Otherwise some cash.

I have a simple bi-fold wallet, nice and slim. couldn't be happier.

alt.don

Reaction score
I don't carry a wallet at all as it ruins the hang of my pants/jeans/trouser. That said, in my front pocket is where my prized collection of used condoms, navel lint, and scented ear wax goes. I can only hope a fellow traveller responds in kind to my unique fetish.

Fortune favours the bold

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ianiceman

Driving Licence
ATM card
Personal Mastercard
Corporate AMEX card
AAA card

I can fit most/all my cards in my wallet and it's still slim enough to wear in my right front trouser pocket. I will, on occasion, also wear a breast wallet with slightly less cards.

Licence
Platinum Visa card.
Mastercard.
ATM card.
Medicare card.
Health insurance cards.
Proffesional association cards (2).
Club cards (3).
A few of my business cards on occasion.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads