• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sportcoat fit question...

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Sorry for the ****** pic, i *think* this SC fits pretty decent, but wanted to check everyone elses opinion to see if theres anything that should be nipped/tucked/lenghened/shortened/made totally awesomer...etc. I know the pic isnt the best, but its all i got folks.

Please ignore the chin pubes...ive yet to shave this week.
1164df08.jpg

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love it. Fits great. I'm a fan of slightly shorter jackets (less than traditional length), but other than that great!

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No way to gauge length from this shot. Everything else looks good and fits like it should.

ndw

Reaction score
From what I can tell, coat looks on the short side, but otherwise looks like a nice fit.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
thanks fellas....the length is fine...i tend to prefer them just a hair shorter than it should be...maybe half an inch than what Ive read is typical. (whatever typical is)

just a side note...this is a bespoke hand sewn sportcoat made by a local tailor....blue herringbone..fully canvassed of course. Great pricepoint...scored it for 3 bucks at a local thrift store. didnt even take it to a tailor yet.
fistbump.gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

ndw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DerekS
thanks fellas....the length is fine...i tend to prefer them just a hair shorter than it should be...maybe half an inch than what Ive read is typical. (whatever typical is)

just a side note...this is a bespoke hand sewn sportcoat made by a local tailor....blue herringbone..fully canvassed of course. Great pricepoint...scored it for 3 bucks at a local thrift store. didnt even take it to a tailor yet.
fistbump.gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

For $3 I'd say it's worth every penny! Terrific find.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DerekS

fistbump.gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Wow, it's surprising you haven't even had that tailored yet...I think the fit looks really spot on. Whoever had that made originally must have been almost the exact same size as you.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
yeah i was pretty stoked. fits better than most of my tailored coats

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quite possible that it fits you better than the person who commissioned it.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
wish i knew who he was....id go offer cash for all his sportcoats haha.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks very good; any flaws it may have are probably small enough that we would need full length shots from front and back with a timed camera (so your arm isn't raised) to be able to see them.

pnin22

Reaction score
Maybe it's just a shadow, but the top of the dart on the right side looks like its not sewn or pressed properly.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pnin22
Maybe it's just a shadow, but the top of the dart on the right side looks like its not sewn or pressed properly.

thte little nipple needs to be pressed out....spot on...thanks for the heads up....hadnt even noticed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads