• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ag229487

Reaction score
^^^^ Nice fit, those black suede cap-toes are very cool!

This is my first go at this in a while, I've been trolling this thread for a few weeks and it forced me to get some new clothes as I have been kind of slacking in my work wear.

I didn't play the theme-game so please forgive me.

IMG-20110211-00015.jpg

IMG-20110211-00018.jpg

SG-22

Reaction score
Wait, I own jeans... I own a SC... That means I can enter my first friday challenge.

shirtjack.jpg

shoes.jpg

small.jpg

(I hate these jeans by the way but there one of only three pairs I own that fit at the waist after losing some weight!)

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's my challenge entry. Pardon the mess on the floor, but we're in the middle of packing for a ski weekend. Woo-hoo!!!

Leaning-18.jpg
Scarf.jpg

Closeup-68.jpg

Sleeve-15.jpg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by philosophe
Dig the shooz, BB.

Add me to the list of those diggin' the shooz, BB - and today's challenge was a perfect day for black suede.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Someone else noted the stray jacket away from its 2 other brothers (I like it like this too) but heres a crazy question - are your socks by Richard James? If they are I think I have reached my capacity of sartorial knowledge, and the fact that I know the brand of another mans socks in the UK is a bit scary... so please tell me I am wrong.
smile.gif

You know, I can't actually remember what brand they are. So just to terrify you, I'm going to say they are.
tongue.gif
But really, I have no idea. (I'll drop you a PM re: the scarf in a minute; thanks!)
Originally Posted by aeglus
more Friday jeans and messing around for fun
Always awesome.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Originally Posted by PTWilliams
http://img37.imageshack.us/i/jeans4u.jpg
Always insane.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Originally Posted by upr_crust
For your entertainment, then . . .
I like the tie quite a bit. Overall, it all feels a little too busy for me, esp. the top half.
Originally Posted by NOBD
Two pairs...
Do you ever wear them?
smile.gif
Actually, I don't blame you. Suede is great; stands up to most weather great, looks nice, and best of all, no polishing required. But I like shiny shoes too much to ever convert totally. What I wore today:
feb11005.jpg
Plus, an entry for the challenge, from earlier in the week, that I haven't posted until today. Looking at it again, I should have used a coloured shirt rather than white, or added a tie. Oh well, it's different, at least:
feb07005.jpg

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^^Nice chukka's^^^^

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Do you ever wear them?
smile.gif

Actually, I don't blame you. Suede is great; stands up to most weather great, looks nice, and best of all, no polishing required. But I like shiny shoes too much to ever convert totally.

Not often. The thing is that I actually enjoy polishing shoes. My gf and daughter are quite happy with me...

And thanks for playing—I know you don't really like jeans and jackets.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Philip1978
^^^^Nice chukka's^^^^

Thanks. I've been looking for a pair for a while, since I trashed some zippered ankle boots in the bad weather a couple of months ago. Found these in Zegna a couple of weeks back. They're actually my first pair of chukkas, and I see why people like them so much. The key is getting a pair that fit snugly, I think.

Originally Posted by NOBD
Not often. The thing is that I actually enjoy polishing shoes. My gf and daughter are quite happy with me...

They've trained you well!
smile.gif

And thanks for playing"”I know you don't really like jeans and jackets.
The challenge should be a challenge, otherwise it's no fun! It's not my favourite look, but it's always interesting to experiment. Constraint can occasionally drive imagination, if deployed infrequently enough to not be irritating. So thank you for setting this week's theme!

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gort
Pandarts, do you ever have an off day? Every time I've visited this thread you're always pulling out an ace.

He had a bad tie once in the fall of 2008. But after a loud and public chastisement, he ran to the supply closet and drew all over it with permanent marker until it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads