• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big A
Browning bird gun

IMAG0309.jpg

Citori? Sweet.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gregaz
I would keep searching, but it's obviously your choice ... Did the coat - would love to see a full body shot.

The full-length is tough to pull off. I have about one minute to squeeze in a photo before rushing the kids to school in the morning. If it helps your imagining, I wore green (more earthy than kelly or forest) flannel trousers and orangey-brown split-toe bluchers.

KtownGreg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Awesome PS. How are your reindeer?
!

Thank you. And, lonely.

Originally Posted by someotherstyle
KtownGreg I feel like you're killing it lately. Keep it up. Although I may consider losing those boots, chucking on some brogues.

Not killing it but just trying different looks. Shoes? Check today's and Fri's posts.

Originally Posted by NotDickDiver
This is IMO a very nice casual outfit. It also looks comfortable. Three thumbs up.

Thanks

Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
IMG_3674.jpg

Love all of it. Keep on defining the NYR style...Russian Cuccinelli?

Originally Posted by gnatty8
p1030481version2.jpg
p1030480x.jpg

p1030482.jpg

Not sure about the shirt but you pull it off well. Love, love the jacket.

KtownGreg

Reaction score
Man, I can't wait to get home.

WAYWT3of3.jpg

Deets:
Zegna, Crew, JFin., BC shoes, (GMTIIc). I know the pants are too big.

WAYWT2of3.jpg
WAYWT1of3.jpg

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shilling for the Hermes heavy silk tie and RT PS in my sales thread
spam[1].gif
86732f3e.jpg

1) What style collar is that? Just a "spread" or something else? 2) What knot is that? I think I know but mine never look that good. 3) What PS fold is that?

oDD_LotS

Reaction score
upr_crust, you are definitely becoming one of my favorite posters! I really appreciate the more traditional fit and interesting color combinations that posters like yourself and olddog are turning out. Some of the new changes you've made are great but I have to encourage you not to stray too far from your established style. I'm digging it! (p.s., I actually prefer the shots with the flash)

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast

Far too early a start for me today. That, plus almost no natural light, means it took longer than usual to take the photos, and they still needed a lot of artificial lightening. Still, FWIW...

Someone else noted the stray jacket away from its 2 other brothers (I like it like this too) but heres a crazy question - are your socks by Richard James? If they are I think I have reached my capacity of sartorial knowledge, and the fact that I know the brand of another mans socks in the UK is a bit scary... so please tell me I am wrong.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Orgetorix
Thanks...it's an Oxxford, probably the nicest suit I own. The phone is a LG Voyager, which works fine so far. Probably to be replaced soon by the VeriPhone, though, so I may be up a creek. LMK if you find a selftimer app.

I just downloaded a self timer app for the iPhone.. few test shots and its looking good so far!

PS - Checked out your blog today. Really cool setup and great idea.

Originally Posted by JKMWCL
So clean...The natural light picture showing the blue hue of the shirt takes it up a notch to your usual standards.
worship.gif

fistbump.gif

Originally Posted by MrDaniels
Really like the fabric. Was the suit custom or OTR?

ETA: I just looked at all the stuff that you are selling....DAMN! Most guys don't even have that many things in their full wardrobe! Don't you know that there are starving children in China that never get to wears suits and ties?!?!?!? ;o)

OTR - Ashamed to say it was something like $125 at retail at a Saks Off 5th end of season sale. Its their house brand, but a Loro Piana S120s. Gorgeous cloth.

Originally Posted by bleachboy
PM TO SPOOPOKER: "Hey, I'll give you $16 for that orange Hermes."

Originally Posted by NOBD
"Send it to me, for free. We won yesterday's match. Appreciated."

Sorry d00ds.. someone else kopped, but you may see it round these parts though
smile.gif

Originally Posted by spitfirees20
That collar roll is mean
worship.gif

inlove.gif
I know... I wish I had 10 more like it.

Originally Posted by someotherstyle

Spoo!!!! Finally something I can get behind. Well done sir!

Honestly, I thought of you when I looked at the pics. I said "That damn guy in Alberta is gonna like this *pumping fists in air*"

Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
Spoo, I think we're wearing the same tie...
...but yours looks better
ffffuuuu.gif

You have it, teh eggplant Hermes?

Originally Posted by bleachboy
I am completely iced in and can't get out of my driveway. Why not get dressed up?

This is the ****. Srsrly. Love it.

Originally Posted by Holdfast
Deets on the scarf? Looks like a beautiful cashmere grey plaid with lilac overpane? Stunning.

You nailed it- Johnstons. Ill see if they have any more the next time Im around. PM me if you want me to grab you one.

Originally Posted by upr_crust
Ywhere does one find purple dress shoelaces? You must be a genius at sourcing the out-of-the-ordinary.

Check your PM
wink.gif

Originally Posted by mossrockss
Saturday:

You look like the love child of Robert Redford and David Letterman. In a good way.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Rugger
1) What style collar is that? Just a "spread" or something else?
2) What knot is that? I think I know but mine never look that good.
3) What PS fold is that?

1. Spread, nothing out of the ordinary. Shirt is Kiton, probably one of my favorites.
2. FIH, but this tie is mega thick woven silk.. almost feels like cashmere.
3. Its called the kid grabs my PS out after meticulously fluffing it, so I get frustrated and randomly stuff it back in
laugh.gif

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by coolpapaboze
Citori? Sweet.

Yup. I learned to shoot as a kid with this gun, late 70's era Citori. I've used an English Stock for so long a western stock seems weird.

Originally Posted by PandArts

1297373131301.jpg

Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger

IMG_3674.jpg

Блядь да Матушка Россия!!! (**** Yeah Mother Russia!)

someotherstyle

Reaction score
Honestly, I thought of you when I looked at the pics. I said "That damn guy in Alberta is gonna like this *pumping fists in air*"

Uh-oh, did you just knock Alberta???

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sc with jeans is not my thing, i think this may be the first time ive tried to pull it off so it may be a giant phail. in honor of the friday challenge here goes!

2011-02-11_00-35-41_94-1.jpg

2011-02-11_00-25-33_994.jpg

sartorialism

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by in stitches
sc with jeans is not my thing, i think this may be the first time ive tried to pull it off so it may be a giant phail. in honor of the friday challenge here goes!

2011-02-11_00-35-41_94-1.jpg

2011-02-11_00-25-33_994.jpg

ffffuuuu.gif
Worst of all: Never wear a crew-neck undershirt when you plan on keeping your top button open!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sartorialism
ffffuuuu.gif
Worst of all: Never wear a crew-neck undershirt when you plan on keeping your top button open!

when i wear jeans that how i roll, the jacket is merely an accesory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads