• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5 miles tonight. I miss warm weather. I am sure that during the NYC summer I will ***** about the heat too.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoMediaMan
Antirabbit - thanks for the response. Yes, I believe it was the lower outside area. What is the easy fix? I haven't had the pain since last week, but I also haven't run 3 days in a row since then.

Yes, it's the Shamrock Shuffle. That race can be brutally crowded unless you get in a start corral. Luckily, I am in corral B. Are you running it?

I usually run it with out siging up for it with some friends. So, yeah, I will likely run it.

Sounds like its your pateller tendon. They sell various straps that will correct this. The best way to tell is to press into your leg below the knee cap and if this feels relieving, BINGO, thats the issue.
It happens from heel striking mostly or from other bio-mechanics issues.

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ran 5KM on the treadmill this morning at my local Y.

SD1

Reaction score
ran 4.84 ,miles in 8:49 pace.

Signing up for my first half marathon next month:

http://www.floridabeachhalfathon.com/

Ft. DeSoto is an excellent venue for the race. And I can cool off with some wade fishing for gator sea trout afterwards.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
Ive taken a few days off, to try to heal an issue in my foot.

Im formally commiting to 2 races this year. Both are 50K trail races.
One in May and one in Sept.
Im sure Ill throw more in, but I dont want to blow too much money for fear that I will get a bone donor and that will pretty much take me out of running for 4-6 months.

Got my innov8 Roclite 295's, did a quick jaunt in the snow, to see how they feel...
WOW....these are amazing shoes, some how they grip on the snow and ice like my microspikes do. Im fixing to hit my secret trails on Thursday for 12+ miles untimed in these.
Been talking to my brothers who are both doing Chukanut 50K and White River 50 (miles) this year. One is coming out to run the Ice Age 50 with me, the other will come out to run the north face endurance challenge in Sept.
Should I have surgery before, they will just run in my place.

On another shoe note, Im fixing to get some Saucony Peregrines (the new Kinvara trail shoe) and a pair of NB MT101 to dial in what shoe to train and race in. Any thoughts on these? Im pretty sure the shoes Im in now are as minmal as the MT's and the Saucony will be just like what I am used to for road running.

AWESOME! I'm a Newton guy, so anything I tell you about shoes will be skewed.

Originally Posted by kgmessier
I turn 40 in four months, so take yer bitchin' someplace else.
wink.gif

Didn't get to run today. I'm still at the office. Might hit the dreadmill before I head home, but that would mean wifey will be in bed by then.

Guess now I'm the one bitchin'.
eh.gif

LOL, bout to head out for an easy one now...need a new mix to run to though...your Radiohead may have inspired it...

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
crap the brooklyn half marathon registration closed in less than one week. I wanted to run that, queens and bronx half marathons are during the dead of summer and too hellish to try to run hard in.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You sure look prepared to me NYRanger . . . . how long is the derby?
The pictures from the event photographers came out today, and a couple were 'noteworthy'
zGuW5.png

VOvHP.png

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD
crap the brooklyn half marathon registration closed in less than one week. I wanted to run that, queens and bronx half marathons are during the dead of summer and too hellish to try to run hard in.

Craigslist a bib/number if you still want to run it, you may have to pay a little more but it will be worth it.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5 dreadmill miles. 8% incline the entire run. Pace of 8 min miles.
Listened to Budos II and Budos III on shuffle

It was -15 this morning, so I decided not to push it and just do an incline run inside.
My friday morning appointment has been cancelled, so I may sneak out for a 5 mile quickie in my secret spot.
Also, aiming to hit another trail system South of Chicago area soon to try it on for size.
Its also supposed to warm up, which means mud ice fest soon!!!

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by samblackbones
You sure look prepared to me NYRanger . . . . how long is the derby?
The pictures from the event photographers came out today, and a couple were 'noteworthy'
zGuW5.png

VOvHP.png

GREAT SHOTS!

Derby is Saturday morning, City vs United!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 38.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 29 18.5%

Forum statistics

Threads