• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Comic Book Thread

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They should have gotten someone random to join like Deadpool or Cable. That would be awesome. If you thing of it as an MMO, you need someone who has range attacks.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
They should have gotten someone random to join like Deadpool or Cable. That would be awesome. If you thing of it as an MMO, you need someone who has range attacks.

They needed someone who could fly, or at least fulfil a similar role. Plus, he's taking the light-hearted role as well. Deadpool would fun (my favourite Marvel char.), but he's in every other comic already, including X-Force. Besides, having a guy like that on a team that just suffered a death, not exactly smart.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by L.R.
They needed someone who could fly, or at least fulfil a similar role. Plus, he's taking the light-hearted role as well. Deadpool would fun (my favourite Marvel char.), but he's in every other comic already, including X-Force. Besides, having a guy like that on a team that just suffered a death, not exactly smart.

That's what makes it funnier.
lol8[1].gif

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
That's what makes it funnier.
lol8[1].gif

Lol, solid point. In the X-Men Last Stand thread, Iceman was mentioned. I've love to see some more of him. I feel he's been neglected lately.... he's an Omega level mutant, and he's getting no love. I want story focusing on him... And the same goes for Mr. Immortal. The guy is one of the only truly-immortal characters. As in: Can not die, period. Not a traditional mutant, but I'd love to see him in a serious story line.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You know who I want to see on the big screen and done justice to?

1650923.jpg

He's perfect for film. They could easily play up the whole magic given to a kid and get some of the Harry Potter crowd.

Plus he has one of my all time favorite villains:

black_adam_the_dark_age_post_banner.jpg

While any movie version of Black Adam wouldn't come close to capturing the complexities that the character has evolved over the years, it would still be awesome to see him on the big screen.

I know there were rumors of Captain Marvel coming to film a little while back with the Rock playing Black Adam (look wise almost perfect casting), but I have not heard anything recently.
frown.gif

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Rock = Black Adam
It was supposed to happen but nothing came out of it.
But in all seriousness, for some reason I can see Mark Strong being a good Black Adam.
Ian Mckellan as wthe wizard Shazam is perfect.
Who will play Capt. Marvel though? I can only imagine Lou Ferigno looking like Capt. Marvel.
lol8[1].gif

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ The Walking Dead, Blankets, and 100 Bullets.

ClambakeSkate

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
Any recommendations for someone who doesn't read many comics? Preferably non-superhero, unless it's an unusual take on it or something.

Stuff I've read and enjoyed:
Alan Moore - V for Vendetta, Watchmen, LOEG, etc.
Dylan Dog
Fables
Y the Last Man

Daytripper. Cannot recommend enough.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Ugh. Captain Marvel blows. Fake Superman knockoff motherfucker.

That would make an awesome movie though. SHAZAM!

Actually, there was a time back in the day that Captain Marvel was far more popular and sold more books then Superman. He's actually a great character and his powers are different enough from Superman to stand on his own.

Originally Posted by estlincs
Here's a +1 for anything with Black Adam.

Yup. Easily one of DC's most interesting "villains" right now. I loved his whole arc that started in JSA and continued in 52.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
Any recommendations for someone who doesn't read many comics? Preferably non-superhero, unless it's an unusual take on it or something.

Stuff I've read and enjoyed:
Alan Moore - V for Vendetta, Watchmen, LOEG, etc.
Dylan Dog
Fables
Y the Last Man

Astereos Polyp
Any and everything by Paul Pope, especially 100%
The Walking Dead
Demo

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads