• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Comic Book Thread

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The costumes aren't horrible, they look like some pharma corp though.

It is cool how on each costume, they each have different hexagons filled in.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This picture is a lot more flattering I think:
fantastic-four-spiderman_300.jpg

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like the costumes a lot, actually. They have a very NASA/Astronaut-classic Sci-Fi feel to them.
smile.gif

What I really care for is the idea of Spider-Man (temporarily) joining the team. The character just works better working as a loner. I know he has a long history with the FF, but I wish they had gone another way.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They should have put Wolverine instead of Spidey, he has the same rebelious, can't be controlled attitude as Storm. Spidey seems too much like Reed.

I don't like the costume either, make the main color black to symbolize the mourning for Johnny would have been better.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
They should have put Wolverine instead of Spidey, he has the same rebelious, can't be controlled attitude as Storm. Spidey seems too much like Reed. I don't like the costume either, make the main color black to symbolize the mourning for Johnny would have been better.
Yeah and it's not like Wolverine is overexposed or anything. The man could use a few more teams to join and comics to star in. Let's put him on the FF, why not? Maybe Marvel can license him to DC so he can join the JLA and team up with Batman, while they are at it. EDIT: I also have to ask, other then being smart how is Parker like Reed at all?

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
FF doesn't need another powerhouse which Wolverine pretty much embodies. Spider-Man, while just as overexposed, seems a better fit for the team.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
FF doesn't need another powerhouse which Wolverine pretty much embodies. Spider-Man, while just as overexposed, seems a better fit for the team.

Parker's overexposed, but he does not hold a candle to Wolverine. Logan is in every other Marvel book these days.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
Parker's overexposed, but he does not hold a candle to Wolverine. Logan is in every other Marvel book these days.

Lol. I see your point (I actually made a thread on another forum discussing Logan's overexposure) but in terms of quantity of titles moved per month, Spider-Man takes the cake.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Lol. I see your point (I actually made a thread on another forum discussing Logan's overexposure) but in terms of quantity of titles moved per month, Spider-Man takes the cake.

You mean in terms of total comics sold that feature the character? If you leave out the Avengers books which sometimes feature them both, I'm not sure about that. You have Logan in several X-Books and he has his own title which sells fairly well. Would be curious to see the hard numbers.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah and it's not like Wolverine is overexposed or anything. The man could use a few more teams to join and comics to star in. Let's put him on the FF, why not? Maybe Marvel can license him to DC so he can join the JLA and team up with Batman, while they are at it.

EDIT: I also have to ask, other then being smart how is Parker like Reed at all?

197_excuse-me-tobias.gif

I don't read comic anymore so I really wouldn't know.
I wouldn't say they are exactly the same but it seems like the two would get along too well. Their both great leaders and very smart. Do people really want to read a comic book bromance between the two? I'm just saying, someone who may clash with the team a bit would be better than someone who can easily blend in.

Again I don't read comics anymore but in the mainstream media, Spider Man still seem more popular than Wolverine.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You mean in terms of total comics sold that feature the character? If you leave out the Avengers books which sometimes feature them both, I'm not sure about that. You have Logan in several X-Books and he has his own title which sells fairly well. Would be curious to see the hard numbers.
I did a quick search and Spidey apparently appears in 6-7 titles (excluding Avengers books). I wouldn't be surprised if Wolverine matched or even exceeded these numbers but I still see Spider-Man as more exposed.
redface.gif

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
197_excuse-me-tobias.gif

I don't read comic anymore so I really wouldn't know.
I wouldn't say they are exactly the same but it seems like the two would get along too well. Their both great leaders and very smart. Do people really want to read a comic book bromance between the two? I'm just saying, someone who may clash with the team a bit would be better than someone who can easily blend in.

Again I don't read comics anymore but in the mainstream media, Spider Man still seem more popular than Wolverine.

cheers.gif
It's all good. I just had a laugh at the idea of suggesting Logan joins ANOTHER team. If you still read comics you would understand. It's kind of a meme to make fun of the fact that the guy must have no time to sleep with all the titles he appears in.
laugh.gif

As much as I think Parker is a little overexposed too and does better as a solo character, he does have a long history with the FF. It actually makes sense to be him in that regard. The only other character I could think of with similar history to the team is She-Huk. Of course she wouldn't work because they don't need two strength characters.

Does anyone remember when they temporarily replaced the FF with Spider-Man, Hulk, Wolverine and Ghost-Rider? Everything that was wrong with comics in the 90's was wrapped up right there.
tongue.gif

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I did a quick search and Spidey apparently appears in 6-7 titles (excluding Avengers books). I wouldn't be surprised if Wolverine matched or even exceeded these numbers but I still see Spider-Man as more exposed.
redface.gif

NA_1_Legion_CPS_026.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads