• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
don't love spaten; if you want a good light beer i suggest the 3 biggies: stella artois, pilsner urquell, and budvar from ceskie bujovice. the last two are stellar, by the way, and i believe they're usually cheaper than the belgian. if you want something to warm you up, samuel smith's chocolate stout is always a good bet (as are the other offerings, althugh they're slightly stale), but if you're going camping i suggest metaxa mixed with lemon and then held over a fire.

Trumer Pils
Pilsner Urquel
Scrimshaw Pilsner
Session is delish and cheap!
Even the occassional Grolsch, are all decent light beers, IMHO.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sedig
re: BS thread, Jet, check your PMs when you have a few minutes--> I'm trying to buy your APC parka.

got it, will get it for you when i get home

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
All the stuff from the SE Gilt sale is already sold out. They were all single pieces, but that it took so little time to sell everything at the listed prices speaks heavily to the duo's loyal following.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tumblr_lgf78s4N701qazi9bo1_500.jpg
" WDYWT - meetup my dad to check somtn out, meet up the homies and ball out H&M Old Navy F21 H&M Vans"
tumblr_lg9qpfjw651qamtivo1_500.jpg
The internet is funny.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Mm, indeed. The J. Crew thing, I think, was a good move for both Warehouse and tha Krew. Gets a lot more exposure for Warehouse (and Heller's); J. Crew probably only ordered a handful of pieces, which are almost certain to be bought up by the Japanese no matter what the price. Now there's some visibility out there for the line before anyone else in the US is really stocking it. Everyone likes to kill J. Crew but outside of forums I don't think there's much stigma to being stocked in their nicer stores and online. I mean, they carry Swaine Adeney Brigg stuff. Even RJMan likes that stuff. And a lot of people are wondering what comes next in menswear. You can't just add a chinstrap and a watch pocket to everything. Will the designer-influenced stuff that's been big on SF find a real mass market? It seems All Saints is doing pretty well... -------------- Sorry about your disappointing delivery, Unc. I feel your pain dude
j. crew stocking it is the symptom of a larger disease and that is oversaturation. dr. westside here to diagnose da problem. problem is that workwear **** aint really poppin anymore, need to push to new levels, i.e. clothes influenced by workwear but taking other design language into account. we dont need more salvage denims in any form. ok dr. westside reconsiders his diagnosis in light of new symptoms, specifically that j. crew doesn't have a stigma outside of niche internet forums. let me remind you that these niche internet forums made the **** hot which caused j crew to stock it in the first place. fashion is a well known cyclical business. people need new **** otherwise u would still be wearing tommy hil carpenter pants and j crew would be a catalog for upper middle class white vineyard vines cocksuckers. orders get dictated from the top whose capos then interpret the orders and finally over many months circulate down to the bottom of the pyramid.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biggskip
Nice to see SF's JKISSI featured on Gilt today. That guy is one stylish mo' fo'.
he started on hypebeast though, and i think lookbook might be what made him get big.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Workwear is so pringles. YO F, WHERE YA CURLY MUSTACHE AT?

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
Workwear is so pringles. YO F, WHERE YA CURLY MUSTACHE AT?
u think i'm pringles? ***** i'll turtle u all day wit balrog, make u hate the game son.

xM.

Reaction score
saved search function on eBay mobile app makes ebay so much easier to use

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
u think i'm pringles? ***** i'll turtle u all day wit balrog, make u hate the game son.

Son I'm finna **** you up with Ryu, MAG FUCKIN NETO. Come back to the city over the summer man.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
Son I'm finna **** you up with Ryu, MAG FUCKIN NETO. Come back to the city over the summer man.

damnit i wanna play marvel vs capcom. **** med school

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My shipley blazer arrived today. Fit is so good. Makes it easier to ignore the, um, country of origin

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
Does Haversack fit the bill (see frontpage)? Hoping one of the UK web retailers might pick it up.
Haversack tends to be too short on me, and the prices are pretty astronomical.

Originally Posted by Hartmann
zis, based on your waywts, you probably have better luck here because the demographic on supermarket doesn't look like it favours heritage-type stuff, especially in larger sizes.
Are you callin' me fat?? No, seriously, though, you are probably right. There are some die hard workwear/Mister Freedom fans over there, but it's a small group.

Originally Posted by notwithit
That totally makes sense. I think the surprise factor is that J. Crew has a certain association with mediocrity, and it doesn't really jive with the Warehouse/Heller's collab. It's a major mass-market brand, and much of what they produce is intended for a mass audience.

Of course, this doesn't prevent them from stocking and showcasing interesting stuff that would otherwise be in a niche boutique.

Interestingly, though, J Crew has admitted that one of the reasons they stock brands like Heller's and Mister Freedom is so that J Crew's higher priced garments look like a good deal in comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads