• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unclesam099
Those coupons work for Aldens? Awesome!

Originally Posted by astris
How did you get the 20% off just now that you mentioned in the last page?

Originally Posted by david3558
I signed up for the catalog, that's it. I got coupons and this time around it was 20% and worked on the Aldens. Now I've got to wait 2 months.

So, I thought I'd try me some of them Aldens and when I tried to get the 20% was told that it doesn't apply to 3rd party suppliers, such as, Alden:

Discount may not be applied to the purchase of gift cards, bridal gowns, vintage and one-of-a-kind items or third-party branded merchandise and may not be redeemed for cash.

So, how is everybody else getting it?

BoboMax

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChrisGold
Yes, that you can rule out Barrie, as it is too narrow through the instep - much more likely that it is Aberdeen or similar last that runs TTS.

thanks, what do u think about that marsupialed rubber sole? ruined the shoe?

ChrisGold

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BoboMax
thanks, what do u think about that marsupialed rubber sole? ruined the shoe?

Not at that price - easily fixed / replaced.

HorseHide

Reaction score
For the true Alden aficionado (they're NOS, baby!):

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Alden-81...item5197c7c8c5

Tom - this is my submission for your next Alden contest!
worship.gif

david3558

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jhcam8
So, I thought I'd try me some of them Aldens and when I tried to get the 20% was told that it doesn't apply to 3rd party suppliers, such as, Alden:

Discount may not be applied to the purchase of gift cards, bridal gowns, vintage and one-of-a-kind items or third-party branded merchandise and may not be redeemed for cash.

So, how is everybody else getting it?

That's what the coupon says, I just punched it in and it still worked. The code is unique to each catalog, perhaps some people got lucky? My order went through and I got a confirmation so I hope I'm safe..

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's what the coupon says, I just punched it in and it still worked. The code is unique to each catalog, perhaps some people got lucky? My order went through and I got a confirmation so I hope I'm safe..

Good on ya then, mate!

velomane

Reaction score

I still don't understand where you're getting the coupon. Is it part of where your address is printed? An insert? Help me out here.

Mike

david3558

Reaction score
Everyone who's asking about this J.Crew coupon:

1. The one during December was posted on their website
(fine print also said it didn't apply on 3rd party products, yet it worked for some people, depending on their timing)

2. The 20% coupon that everyone's been talking about in the J.Crew thread is the one I got. Some people, not all, got a 20% off coupon with a unique printed code with their Spring catalog. Fine print also says the same thing, but again, it worked for me.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everyone who's asking about this J.Crew coupon:

2. The 20% coupon that everyone's been talking about in the J.Crew thread is the one I got. Some people, not all, got a 20% off coupon with a unique printed code with their Spring catalog. Fine print also says the same thing, but again, it worked for me.

So, was it on a separate card stuck in or printed on the page? It's supposed to be between pgs 20-21.

david3558

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jhcam8
So, was it on a separate card stuck in or printed on the page? It's supposed to be between pgs 20-21.

Yes it was a piece of paper, maybe your mailman stole it
eh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads