• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biff
Seemed like the mark was good... Apparently, there isn't much I can do at this point... They can let them out a hair... but that'll only give about 0.5 inches at the most... SOL
ffffuuuu.gif

yeah, i would just put them on the market. how come they didnt say anything to you ... that inseam is for someone ~ 5'4". very strange.

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seemed like the mark was good...

Apparently, there isn't much I can do at this point... They can let them out a hair... but that'll only give about 0.5 inches at the most...

SOL
ffffuuuu.gif

Sorry to hear about that, man, that sucks.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
took them in for hemming, put em on and agreed-to length seemed right -- but no measurements were taken... just by eyeballing when I had them on...

picked them up last night and inseam was around 27-28... usually i'm a 31-31.5 with stacking... too short... contacted the appropriate parties...

we'll see if there's anything that I can do...

How can someone **** up an inseam by 3 inches?

You did soak prior to the hem didn't you, instead of afterwards? Though I don't think you're that stupid.

Biff

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mistral

You did soak prior to the hem didn't you, instead of afterwards? Though I don't think you're that stupid.

Something happened along the way... Not laying blame on anyone... Just is what it is at this point... Moving on...

I did indeed soak before hemming - 1 hour in the hottest water my tub faucet would spout out...

As I will need a "new pair of summer jeans", this greatly jeopordizes my status in the February No Kop Club...
plain.gif

Nopike343

Reaction score
Something happened along the way... Not laying blame on anyone... Just is what it is at this point... Moving on...

I did indeed soak before hemming - 1 hour in the hottest water my tub faucet would spout out...

As I will need a "new pair of summer jeans", this greatly jeopordizes my status in the February No Kop Club...
plain.gif

FWIW Those 15.7oz momo's are not a good summer jean. If someone is hemming your jeans you really have to keep an eye on them to make sure they are doing it properly, exactly to the length you want them. I would even mark them at home by ironing them to the length I want.

If you want a nice summer jean consider the sugarcane SC2009 type 2 at 12oz it is very comfortable. If you order from Japan through Rakuten you can get them for around $200 including shipping. They fit TTS for a snug fit. I wear 34 in most jeans and a 34 in these fit nice and snug. I would not recommend sizing down.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nopike343
FWIW Those 15.7oz momo's are not a good summer jean. If someone is hemming your jeans you really have to keep an eye on them to make sure they are doing it properly, exactly to the length you want them. I would even mark them at home by ironing them to the length I want.

If you want a nice summer jean consider the sugarcane SC2009 type 2 at 12oz it is very comfortable. If you order from Japan through Rakuten you can get them for around $200 including shipping. They fit TTS for a snug fit. I wear 34 in most jeans and a 34 in these fit nice and snug. I would not recommend sizing down.

i think this is good advice but it sounds like they didnt even measure them. that is extremely important and the first things they should have done ... its common sense. in life all you need is a nice ***** that dresses well (and has nice feet), a good tailor and a ******* place that can chain-stitch your jeans the right way. well, its all i need anyway
smile.gif

Nopike343

Reaction score
I always subscribe to the theory that if someone can F&*K things up they probably will.

Biff

Reaction score
All very valid points, my friends... Thanks for the advice...

If you've been following this thread, you know my luck with this particular pair... I'm moving on... Considering the Eternal 811's possibly...

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nopike343
I always subscribe to the theory that if someone can F&*K things up they probably will.

yeah, thats very true.

biff: if you go with the 811s i would go down 1 size for a better fit or tts for a normal fit.

arced

Reaction score

Just a guess, but it seems pretty obvious that they took a measurement and cut it at the mark, forgetting to allow for the 3" that get rolled up into the hem. Got any rich, short friends?

Biff

Reaction score
Originally Posted by arced
Got any rich, short friends?

I have none of the former and very few of the latter, unfortunately...
smile.gif

arced

Reaction score
I have none of the former and very few of the latter, unfortunately...
smile.gif

Well, then maybe you're the new owner of Momotaro capris... very rare, I hear.
smile.gif

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a guess, but it seems pretty obvious that they took a measurement and cut it at the mark, forgetting to allow for the 3" that get rolled up into the hem. Got any rich, short friends?

Why would anyone roll 3 inch into a hem? That makes absolutely no sense. They do indeed fold the denim to the inner side of the leg (though I can't say if it's a single or double fold) and then chainstitch over the folded denim, to finish the hem.

No way someone's gonna fold 3 inches of denim in there. More like maybe 1 inch.

I think they just had a "Let's Drink" sale at SelfEdge when Biff decided to get his jeans hemmed there.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Why would anyone roll 3 inch into a hem? That makes absolutely no sense. They do indeed fold the denim to the inner side of the leg (though I can't say if it's a single or double fold) and then chainstitch over the folded denim, to finish the hem. No way someone's gonna fold 3 inches of denim in there. More like maybe 1 inch. I think they just had a "Let's Drink" sale at SelfEdge when Biff decided to get his jeans hemmed there.
that poor guy ... big got a full stock of the 0201s recently. dude cant get a break
smile.gif
biff, i would try again on the 0201s. someone post some good wear pics.

Biff

Reaction score
Well, then maybe you're the new owner of Momotaro capris... very rare, I hear.
smile.gif

Hahaha... Safe bet that I own the only pair in the world...
bigstar[1].gif

Why would anyone roll 3 inch into a hem? That makes absolutely no sense. They do indeed fold the denim to the inner side of the leg (though I can't say if it's a single or double fold) and then chainstitch over the folded denim, to finish the hem.

No way someone's gonna fold 3 inches of denim in there. More like maybe 1 inch.

I think they just had a "Let's Drink" sale at SelfEdge when Biff decided to get his jeans hemmed there.

Like I said, movin' on...
alien.gif

Originally Posted by whatever123
LOL. thats fitting.

that poor guy ... big got a full stock of the 0201s recently. dude cant get a break
smile.gif
biff, i would try again on the 0201s. someone post some good wear pics.

Ya... not sure TBH... Looking into what other pairs I can get my hands on... Still somewhat undecided... Thanks for all the encouragement, dudes!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads